Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Acronym Glossary

A glossary of acronyms used in this community. Please post suggested additions in this thread.

101 - In regards to PUA's, refers to basic push/pull game. In regards to women, refers to their basic relationship game to betaize a guy (DAFS Franco). See Push/Pull.
    AFC - Average Frustrated Chump. The typical guy who considers himself "lucky" if he gets laid, suffers drama in his relationships, and is generally unsatisfied with his sex life.
    AI - Approach Invitation. A subtle cue from a woman indicating she'd be interested in speaking with you (proximity, repeated eye contact, smiling, etc.).
    Alpha male - A man who is sexually attractive to women.
    AMOG - Alpha Male Other Guy. Noun: A guy who tries to hijack a girl you are seducing. Verb: The act of attempting to hijack a girl someone is seducing.
    Anchor - Touching a woman at a specific point to associate a certain emotional state to the touch (eg. touching her when she laughs). You can then touch her again in the same spot to recall the state. Also can be done verbally or visually.
    AR - Action Report (formerly FR - Field Report)
    ASD - Anti-Slut Defense. A defense some women put up to assuage their own guilt about having sex with a man too soon, and to avoid being seen as a "slut" by their social group.
    ASF - This community's original home, the Newsgroup, alt.seduction.fast. 1995 - 2000. It became overrun with spam and trolls, and was abandoned.
    BAFC - Below Average Frustrated Chump (also WBAFC - Way Below Average Frustrated Chump). AFC but worse. May still be a virgin, and likely has many limiting beliefs and personal obstacles to approaching women.
    Beta male - A man who is not sexually attractive to women.
    BF - Boyfriend
    Blue Pill/Red Pill - A reference from the movie, The Matrix, where taking the Blue Pill signifies accepting the usual social conventions governing male - female relationships and sex, AKA The Matrix.. Taking the Red Pill signifies stepping out of The Matrix and adapting the Seduction Community's social construct and understanding of male - female relationships and sex.
    BT - Buying Temperature. A woman's level of attraction for you.
    C&F, CF, C/F - Cocky and Funny. Refers to David DeAngelo's Cocky & Funny technique. Generally refers to making arrogant or mildly derogatory remarks to a woman while making her laugh to increase her attraction.
    CB - Cockblock - Someone who interferes with your seduction.
    Close - An interaction with a woman that ended successfully; get a woman's contact info - (Number Close #close, @close, fbclose, #C), kiss her - (Kiss Close, Kclose, *close, KC), or fuck her - (Fuck Close, fclose, FC).
    D1 - Day 1/Date 1. The first time you interact with a woman. D2 & D3 are also used.
    DAFS - Do a Fucking Search. A rude response to newbees asking basic questions, mostly used when a new member doesn't put much effort into looking for info that is easily accessed, and wastes experienced PUA's time with too many basic questions.
    DDB - Doggy Dinner Bowl. The look a woman gets when she is so attracted to you that she is in -a sort of trance, characterized by a glassy-eyed expression.
    DHV - Display High Value. An action or story meant to increase your value to gain attraction from a woman, or to increase her value to increase your own attainability.
    DLV - Display Lower Value. Converse of DHV, meant to lower your own value, or a woman's value. AFCs do this all the time unconsciously. Can also be used to increase your attainability.
    DYD - Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo - One of the original seduction systems.
    EC - Eye Contact
    EFA - Early Frame Announcement. Communicating (both verbally and non-verbally) your expectations from a woman you just met and the kind of relationship you're looking for. Most AFC's don't set an EFA and the relationship becomes dictated by the woman.
    EV - Eliciting Values. Talking to a woman to discover what her values are.
    FB - Fuck Buddy. A sex only relationship with no commitment of exclusivity by either party.
    FNG - Fucking New Guy
    FRA - False rape accusation
    Freak - A woman who seeks stimulation, thrills, and validation from men. This type thrives on validation, both positive and negative. They cause a lot of drama, are more likely to cheat on you (sex is a form of validation), and usually have some form of daddy issues. These are also the type of women who tend to stay in abusive relationships. Best suited to Fuck Buddy - Friend With Benefits relationships.
    FU - Fuck Up Report (often a No Action Report)
    FWB - Friend with benefits. A FB that you also do other things with, but sex is still a large part of the relationship, and there is no commitment of exclusivity by either party.
    GASGF - Get A Secret/Second Girlfriend. The relationship concept that states you will automatically cut your day-to-day drama by 50 % by adding a second GF to your first one.
    GF - Girlfriend
    GFTOW - Go Fuck Ten Other Women. The idea is that after fucking ten other women you'll see that this one woman you've been pining over isn't so special. If you can't or won't GFTOW, that's what you need to focus on fixing.
    Good girl - A woman who seeks quality relationships with men. These are the only type of woman that is suitable for a long term relationship.
    GWM - Gunwitch Method
    HB - Hot Babe
    HD - High Sex Drive
    Ho - A woman who seeks material resources (money, gifts, etc) from men. They are only interested in dating high-status guys or guys who show a willingness to buy them things.
    HSE - High Self Esteem
    INYIM - It's not you it's me = something women tell men when they don't want to say I'm not attracted to you, or they're dumping you for a new guy.
    IOI - Indicator of Interest. A subtle cue from a woman that she's interested in you (playing with her hair or jewelery, thrusting her chest out, etc.)
    KJ - Keyboard Jockey. Someone who posts PU advice without any actual experience or skill to base it on.
    Kino - Kinesthetic Method. Touching a woman to increase her horniness.
    LD - Low Sex Drive
    LDR - Long Distance Relationship
    LJBF - "Let's Just Be Friends". A statement a woman makes that kills any chance of a sexual relationship. Similarly: INYIM ("It's Not You It's Me"). See Orbiter.
    LMR - Last Minute Resistance. The resistance a woman places when you've already isolated her and are trying to escalate to sex. Related to ASD.
    LR - Lay Report. A report on how you seduced a new woman and had sex. On this site, LRs are posted in the Action Report Forum.
    LSE - Low Self Esteem
    LSNFTE - Long Soft Next For Temporary Exclusivity. An FB or MLTR who breaks up with you so that she can (temporarily) pursue a monogamous relationship. Can also refer to a Returning Fox (a woman who comes back after a long Next period).
    LTR - Long Term Relationship, typically monogamous (but see MLTR, OLTR)
    mASF - moderated Alt Seduction Fast. This community's second home, 2000 - 2011, started by Formhandle(Jay Valens) when alt.seduction.fast(ASF) was overrun with spam and trolls. It was sold in 2011 and Blackdragon and Silvertree started this site to replace it.
    The Matrix - The common set of assumptions and social constructs that society wrongly assumes govern male - female relationships. Read Blue Pill & Red Pill.
    MLTR - Multiple Long Term Relationships. Refers to having simultaneous polyamorous relationships.
    MM - Mystery Method
    MPS - Magic Pussy Syndrome. Some women's belief that their pussy is magical and they should be treated as such.
    MPUA - A Master Pickup Artist
    MRA - Men's Rights Activist
    MRM - Men's Rights Movement
    Madonna/Whore Complex aka M/W - The belief that women who don't enjoy sex ("Madonnas") znd only do it as part of a committed relationship are "pure" and ideal for a relationship, while women who enjoy sex ("Whores") are only good for sex but not deserving of love or respect. This belief is typically held by AFCs who have been brainwashed into believing that only bad girls have sex for enjoyment outside of relationships and that good girls don't really like sex and only do it within relationships as an expression of undying love.
    Neg - A comment meant to indicate your indifference towards a woman's beauty or status, in order to separate yourself from other chumps. A well done neg is not an insult, but more playful teasing with an attitude of amused indifference.
    Next - In a PU situation, refers to moving on to another target when a girl isn't responding well. In a relationship, it refers to cutting all communication with a woman. A Soft Next is short term; ignoring her, to correct bad behavior. A Hard Next is permenantly cutting contact; the best way to deal with a woman who is more trouble than she is worth or harming you or your interests.
    NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programming, a subliminal suggestion technique.
    NRE - New Relationship Energy. The blissful, walking-on-air feeling that accompanies new relationships. It's a biochemical trick of your body, and it generally wears off in 6-18 months.
    OLTR - Open Long Term Relationship. An LTR that is emotionally but not sexually exclusive. Related: GASGF ("Get a Second Girlfriend"), SSOLTR (Swinger Style OLTR), and GSOLTR (Gene Simmons OLTR).
    One-Itis - The belief that a particular woman is "special" and that you will never meet another woman like her. Commonly suffered by AFCs.
    ONS - One Night Stand
    Open - Start a conversation with a stranger.
    Orbiter - Another term for guys in the LJBF Zone. Basically you spend your time doing stuff with and for a particular woman, hoping that she will see how great you are, and pick you over all those assholes she fucks and then complains to you about how badly they treat her. Most hot girls have many orbiters, they are quite useful to them, because they do them favors, feed them, and buy them free stuff for little in return. The cure for this is to leave orbit; you have already blown it with this girl. It will be much easier to start fresh with a new one.
    Pivot - A woman you can use as Social Proof to increase your status in the eyes of other women.
    PU - Pick Up. Meeting and Seducing women.
    PUA - Pick Up Artist. A skilled practitioner of PU.
    Pua Zone - The first name of this site. We quickly learned that another site was already using that name and abandoned it.
    Push/Pull - alternating between showing interest and losing interest during a seduction. It makes you more interesting nd more of a challenge. Pretty women are used to guys who are all pull, trying their hardest to get something going. Push-pull shows you are interested, but are not a pushover. AKA 101.
    RAFC - Recovering AFC
    Red Pill/Blue Pill - A reference from the movie, The Matrix, where taking the Blue Pill signifies accepting the usual social conventions governing male - female relationships and sex, AKA The Matrix.. Taking the Red Pill signifies stepping out of The Matrix and adapting the Seduction Community's social construct and understanding of male - female relationships and sex.
    Sarging, to sarge - Going out to meet and sleep with women, usually from a cold approach
    Sedfast - The second name of this site, a reference to, alt.seduction.fast, our original home.
    Shit Test - Something a woman says or does to gauge your reaction to determine if you're an "Alpha" Male.
    SNL - Same Night Lay
    SO - Significant Other (girlfriend or boyfriend)
    SP - Can refer to a Self Point (for anchoring or in NLP), a Sticking Point (something a PUA is struggling to work through), or Social Proof (being seen with other women/people to increase your value)
    SR - Sex Report (Formerly LR - Lay Report).
    SS - Speed Seduction - One of the original seduction systems, by Ross Jefferies, uses NLP and planting suggestions to speed increase attraction and speed up the process.
    Last edited by Tubarao; 04-11-2014 at 05:11 PM.

This is ...GREAT. A must for everyone that is new in this forum.

When I came I didnīt understand some of this vocabulary. The page that Iīm gonna link helped me with it

http://www.allacronyms.com/tag/seduction

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    This is ...GREAT. A must for everyone that is new in this forum.

When I came I didnīt understand some of this vocabulary. The page that Iīm gonna link helped me with it

http://www.allacronyms.com/tag/seduction
    I skimmed your link, but didn't see any that we commonly use that I hadn't included above. But let me know if I missed any acronyms.

GASGF: Get A Secret/Second Girlfriend. The relationship concept that states you will automatically cut your day-to-day drama by 50 % by adding a second GF to your first one. Not for bumbling noobs, though.

FWB - friends with benefits = one step above FBs and one step below MLTRs

OLTR - open long term relationship = one step above MLTRs and signifies a serious and deeply loving relationship that is emotionally exclusive, but sexually inclusive.

SSOLTR - swingers style open long term relationship = a serious relationship in which sex with other people is only permissible when the couple are doing it in the same room as a team.

GSOLTR - Gene Simmons open long term relationship = a serious relationship in which the couple may sleep with anyone they want, either as a team or separately, as long as those other partners are FWBs at most (secondaries) and FBs and ONSs at least (tertiaries): See OLTR

M/W - madonna/whore complex = a mental disorder which presents itself in the belief that a decent woman, who should be praised and honored, hates sex and delights in sexually frustrating a man, while a bad woman, who should get spit on and hated, loves sex and enjoys making men happy, with both personalities being mutually exclusive (also known as slut shaming or male masochism).

FRA - false rape accusation = a weapon employed against men, usually by women with M/W, in order to restore their reputations with their slut shaming social circles, or a weapon used by Feminists as a tool for political, legal, or financial blackmail, or revenge.

INYIM - it's not you it's me = something women tell men whom they don't want to sleep with and don't even want in the friend zone, or alternatively, do want to sleep with, but stop themselves from doing so due to societal programming.

Also, on the old masf, if someone didn't understand an acronym, all he had to do was wave his mouse over it on the actual post that it was used, and an instant definition would pop up. Any chance we can do that here?
    SLUT SHAMING IS HATRED OF MEN

Can someone explain the 3 "types" for the glossary?

How about a really simple one. One that I seem to specialize in since I like variety:

STR = Short term relationship.

And for the record, I liked LR better than SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubarao View Post
    Can someone explain the 3 "types" for the glossary?
    SHB?

I just had to Google MRA....

...Men's Rights Activists....

....and now I remember this is the second time I've had to look it up, based on a sedfast post!

Tubs (if I may call you that ....let me know if there's some way I can help you keep the glossary up to date.

NMMNG
    You go to war with the women you have, not the ones you wish to have.
    -Ronald Dumsfeld

• Open: Start a conversation with a woman.
    • Sarging, to sarge: Going out to meet and sleep with women, usually from a cold approach.
    • mASF: Originally the newsgroup Alt.Seduction.Fast, then the conversation moved to fastseduction.com where it known as moderated ASF (mASF). Then the owner sold mASF, the website goes up and down more often than a yo-yo, and the bulk of discussion moved to pua-zone.com.
    • Soft Next: Cutting all contact with a woman for up to a week or more.
    • Hard Next: Permanently cutting a woman out of your life. Necessary if she threatens your health, safety, or material possessions, even in little ways.
    • Freak: A women who is happiest in relationships where she receives attention and strong emotional states. This type thrives on validation, both positive and negative. They cause a lot of drama, are more likely to cheat on you (sex is a form of validation), and usually have some form of daddy issues. These are also the type of women who tend to stay in abusive relationships.
    • Ho: A woman who is happiest when receiving material resources (money, gifts, etc) from guys. They are only interested in dating high-status guys or guys who show a willingness to buy them things.
    • Good girl: A woman who is happy in relationships when her significant other is happy.
    • NRE: New Relationship Energy. The blissful, walking-on-air feeling that accompanies new relationships. It's a biochemical trick of your body, and it generally wears off in 6-18 months.
    • GFTOW: Go Fuck Ten Other Women. The idea is that after fucking ten other women you'll see that this one woman you've been pining over isn't so special. If you can't or won't GFTOW, that's what you need to focus on fixing.
    • Alpha male: A man who is sexually attractive to women.
    • Beta male: A man who is not sexually attractive to women.
    • BT: Buying Temperature. How likely a woman is to sleep with you right now based on her emotional state. High BT doesn't last very long and it doesn't discern between potential partners.

Note: I stole the definitions of freak/ho/gg from a post written by wolfwood.