Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    First rule of texting is the same as the first rule of writing. Show, don't tell. So don't mention it and then show up carrying a guitar bag. Much stronger.
    Aha! But this is under the presumption that she will meet you, if you don't tell, sometimes you then can't show!
    But I think I agree now, it's much better to surprise her in person, like understated cool. Maybe all that talk about the band will make it seem like you're qualifying to her.

Formerly Newman301 Irish Asshole's Avatar

Awesome!!

This is right on par with the never-ending puzzle about "how to properly pursue a girl"...

Excellent stuff!
    www.musicianlifestyle.com - Quit your job. Do cool shit instead!

What's your success rate with texting 11pm'ish on a sunday? Won't she be asleep?

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Whoa thanks for the nice feedback, everyone

- -
    PaulB, seed a meet = DESPERATE..

With both tactics, you really dont care if she replies or not. Just try again another day. I remember one time:

Some dancing w/girl in nightclub, no kissing, exchange #, fast food together and split up.
    ij "Hey im at X. U out?"
    (week later Sat 1am - no reply)
    ij "Anyone partying tonight?" (another week later Sat 1am - no reply)
    girl "hi u awake?" (following Sunday around midnight - I rang her up and she said straight out she is looking for a 'cuddle' but not a BF, and I pop over.)

Morale is: Dont try to 2nd guess her interest level based on reply rate.

- -
    Daigoro, you know I LOVE all your posts, so I'll tell you straight: some of your examples are HINTING FOR MEET.

Allow me to list the main topics to NOT bring up:
    -future (any way shape or form)
    -activities/interests/hobbies (esp. ones that could be done together)
    -places
    -food/drink
    -what you are doing right now, or asking what she is doing

(I know, a bit excessive, but in order to make this method fool-proof (100%) even for inexperienced guys, it really needs to be.)

- -
    Qlue, it neads to be a CLEAR HINT. Examples:
    "Im doing X now/later!" (Where x is doable together.)
    "What foods do you like?"
    "Mmmm I have some delicious food X in my fridge."
    "What are you doing later/day x?"

Warning - bottom one above is tricky! Planning must be avoided! I dodge like this:

girl: "jiji u so funny buuut what u plan after work tmrw?"

ij: "tmrw is uncertain for me I could call if becomes possible. but but waht u doing now? u have any good foods at home? im sorry im so starving!"

- -
    j, if you contact her 5pm, that is a HUGE hint (beg) for meeting right there!! Please remember: NO (zero) HINTING FOR MEET. (Lol, I may need to compile an extensive list of various things that tells girls you are desperate to meet up with them...)

Sidenote - my reply rate is highest around 11pm to midnight. Girls too busy during daylight!

Ijjjji,

If you have success with this tactic, the better for you. But what I don't get is:

1. Why would she get cold feet when she likes you?

She would be excited instead to meet! Imo when she gets cold feet, she's just not so into you. I plan in advance, but not more than 2-3 days in advance, just because people in general don't perceive a meet in the long future as "fixed".

2. Why would you bring a girl when you're going out on Fri/Sat?

For many people, Fri/Sat is the prime night to meet new chicks, which seems much more difficult when you have a girl with you, also your logistics may not be optimal and she may get distracted by other people in the venue, etc. On top of that, girls are very busy those days, so you'll have to text her over and over again, and THAT is chasing. And also when you text her late on Fri/Sat night, it may seem that you're not having any success with other girls, hence you're texting her...

3. Why is sending a meet desperate?

It shows confidence, leadership, escalation, and that you know what you want, are not afraid, etc.
    __

I don't have problems with meeting, maybe it's a country specific problem?

Imo, your protocol seems to me only relevant for girls you only met briefly and in the context of you going out in a large social group.

Very interesting article.

Stiletto - I agreed there is nothing wrong with asking for meetup *if the girl has strong interest already* but I believe ij is stating this for the flakey club girls / online dates that are bombarded with hundreds of guys daily.

I agree with both posters, under different situations.

The key is deciding which way to go/recognizing when to go for the direct meet and when not to hint for the meet.

Stiletto, you illustrate really well how hard it is for 'popular' guys to understand the particular problem of flaking! (And thus causing the spreading of 'scheduled dates' as a mainstream solution, even if utterly useless to many.)

I can try to explain, but Im unsure if you will understand 100%.

1. This girl you describe is what I call 'dead animal' in OP. If you only get such girls, you are not likely to understand the the need for this thread.

2. You sarge first! You text girls later, UNLESS you found a girl already. (Never 'bring' girl from start. That makes it feel like a 'date'.)

3. In simple terms: Because its what AFCs do. (Girl will see you as AFC because your actions match the AFCs she ran into previously. However, if you are seen as popular to begin with, girl will never make such judgements.)

Sidenote: I actually went from 0% success to 100% success (in getting the meet), when I discovered this method.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post
    Stiletto, you illustrate really well how hard it is for 'popular' guys to understand the particular problem of flaking! (And thus causing the spreading of 'scheduled dates' as a mainstream solution, even if utterly useless to many.)

I can try to explain, but Im unsure if you will understand 100%.

1. This girl you describe is what I call 'dead animal' in OP. If you only get such girls, you are not likely to understand the the need for this thread.

2. You sarge first! You text girls later, UNLESS you found a girl already. (Never 'bring' girl from start. That makes it feel like a 'date'.)

3. In simple terms: Because its what AFCs do. (Girl will see you as AFC because your actions match the AFCs she ran into previously. However, if you are seen as popular to begin with, girl will never make such judgements.)

Sidenote: I actually went from 0% success to 100% success (in getting the meet), when I discovered this method.
    So you text them at like 1am-3am on Friday-Saturday? That kind of sounds like what my french natural buddy does. He gets numbers from night clubs/bars and he texts them only around that time. Which makes me think, is this only relevant for numbers you get from night game? Maybe scheduling is more important for day/online game?
    The Qlue, simple perspectives on life.

Thanks for the clarification ijjji. There is not one method, so I've nothing against your method. Some notions:

1. Sorry ijjji, didn't read those last 2 paragraphs in the OP, thought it was a footer because of the lines "_ _". My mistake.

2. Doesn't that come of as if you're not having any success with other girls or that there are no girls at hot as her in the bar, hence you're texting her late at night?

3. The late night texting can also been considered as an AFC move, because AFCs text girls when they are drunk at night because they are afraid otherwise...

But in case you get many flakes and girls are not much interested to meet, wouldn't it be waaay more efficient to become a more attractive man by improving your social skills, working out, grooming, becoming more dominant, etc? I.e. solving the problem at the roots? Or with a metaphor: stopping to eat sugar instead of putting cream on a face of acne?

Quote Originally Posted by Qlue View Post
    So you text them at like 1am-3am on Friday-Saturday? That kind of sounds like what my french natural buddy does. He gets numbers from night clubs/bars and he texts them only around that time. Which makes me think, is this only relevant for numbers you get from night game? Maybe scheduling is more important for day/online game?
    Yeah I would say for the numbers of the "maybe" girls you met at night.