Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

^I second that.

I especially remember your "Fuck, then connect" thread.

That's presumably where Newman got his ideas (and from 60 too).

Haven't read the meat of your thread here though, as I'm not there yet.
    In pussy we trust

kant

Pair bonding is a form of psychosis. I've experienced what OP is posting about when I was AFC. I was MUCH LESS happy overall than I am now. Yeah the highs are higher and the lows are lower.

To each his own I guess

I don't think monogamy is for everyone, but I also don't think that it isn't for anyone. It's not black and white, it's a sliding scale. Some people should never enter into a monogamous relationship, some people should be in relationships but shouldn't get married, some people should get married very late in life, and as crazy as it seems, some people are just hard-wired for marriage from a young age (generally guys who come from very happy and stable families).

AFC behavior is getting into a relationship with someone you don't really want to be with just because you need regular sex and someone to talk to. There is a big difference between that and picking out that one super premium woman that you respect and would be happy with long term, seducing her and then seeing where a relationship goes.

If you are in a relationship and constantly fantasizing about what it would be like to bang other women and fighting your animal instincts just to maintain interest in your SO, then that is AFC behavior. If your attraction to your SO is only triggered by negative emotions like jealousy or anger, then that is AFC behavior (and self-destructive behavior as well).

If you are in a relationship, you feel relaxed and cool, no stress, and your SO meets all your needs, what is AFC about that? To me, that is winning.

Yup, PureEvil was among the best posters on the old forum.

But PureEvil, didnt you have an account here already? (I thought I saw a post from you here long ago, but maybe it was someone else?)

Yeah, a gentle shift in awareness towards getting a second GF, is what fixes most girl issues for me.
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

Slutboy

Interesting and certainly original material. However the whole thing rests on the postulate that 'monogamous pair-bonding' somehow chemically improves your happiness more than for example an OLTR. I'd like to see proof of that, as I can't find it in my own experience. In fact I've been in a mono LTR in which I had little of those wonderful brain chemicals, and I've been in an OLTR and several MLTR in which they were strong to SUPER strong. So for me the magical pair bonding exists but isn't dependent on the relationship type, it rather and simply develops because of the girl and you have top attraction and emotional connection, and can exist in a poly setting. If you must absolutely insist on not seeing other girls because you think it increases your feelings for that particular one (aka you are forcing oneitis on yourself), then just don't tell her you are going mono, pretend to be poly, pause fucking other girls if that's what floats your boat, and then resume fucking other girls a few months later when your dick calls.
    "I'm the kind of guy you don't want to bring home to mom. Cuz I'd fuck your mom."

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination"

Glad that this resonated with some, and thanks for the kind words from the MASF guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ithidesacocoon View Post
    Pureevil, did you find that your LTRs would try to come back to you after some time when you were following the system you describe? Or were all the break ups automatically understood as permanent?
    Girls will come back around from any relationship setup. There's no such thing as permanence, the only thing constant is change.

Quote Originally Posted by 0--- View Post
    - You sound a bit too deterministic about all of these relationships ending. I know you're just consciously riding out NRE and getting out when it's over, I just wouldn't close my mind to the possibility of continuing a relationship beyond NRE if the person and the relationship are worth it. You don't have to end it. You also don't have to continue it. You are always free to choose.
    For sure. I don't see it happening for me. I've felt the temporary pair-bond rush play out pretty much as its described scientifically, and over time it indeed fades. Humans have the biological drive to procreate with multiple women, with the smaller pair-bond drive encouraging them to stay with one exceptional women for a few years. If I were ever to shoot for the impossible "permanence" I'd set myself up with an OLTR.

Quote Originally Posted by kant View Post
    Pair bonding is a form of psychosis. I've experienced what OP is posting about when I was AFC. I was MUCH LESS happy overall than I am now. Yeah the highs are higher and the lows are lower.

To each his own I guess
    Its a high yes, and can turn into lows with bad game. Some people enjoy highs in general, and some are turned off by them.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post
    But PureEvil, didnt you have an account here already? (I thought I saw a post from you here long ago, but maybe it was someone else?)

No sir, wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude909 View Post
    Interesting and certainly original material. However the whole thing rests on the postulate that 'monogamous pair-bonding' somehow chemically improves your happiness more than for example an OLTR. I'd like to see proof of that, as I can't find it in my own experience.
    It doesn't "improve" happiness more than OLTR or any other relationship. It simply offers a different sort of rush than the others, longer developing and lasting. As a man interested in the fullest life experience, I've found value in all the different relationship setups. Since the value of the others is exceptionally well-discussed, my OP points out the massive hole that is overlooked by so many in the "community." The pair-bond effect does exist, it does indeed cause an extended release of reward chemicals dopamine and oxytocin in the brain. These are scientific facts that a man can use to bring a certain pleasure and experience into his life for however long he may want.

Each relationship setup comes with its own list of pros and cons. A true alpha male will choose whatever relationship type he desires based on the pros he prefers to have in his life and the cons he wishes to avoid in his life at that time. Relationship preferences will change over time for many, and the alpha male interested in the fullest life experience will try them all at one point or another.

So its just an option I've tried that I personally found value in, that has scientific backing. I'm sharing that value with whoever else may be interested.

I'm in my fourth mono in a row right now. After this one ends I plan on going to a MLTR setup again for a while. There is no "best," there are simply options with pros and cons.

If you must absolutely insist on not seeing other girls because you think it increases your feelings for that particular one (aka you are forcing oneitis on yourself), then just don't tell her you are going mono, pretend to be poly, pause fucking other girls if that's what floats your boat, and then resume fucking other girls a few months later when your dick calls.
    No. This defeats the whole purpose. Either go mono all-in with the girl, where you're both simultaneously going through it, or don't go there at all and keep to the various poly setups.

However the whole thing rests on the postulate that 'monogamous pair-bonding' somehow chemically improves your happiness more than for example an OLTR.
    Not really. The pleasure derived from different relationships could be different for different guys and especially at different times in each guy's life. Why all the obsession with measuring chemicals to figure out whether you are really happy or not? How about just doing it the old fashioned way and recognizing when something makes you feel good and when something doesn't make you feel good?

Overcomplicating things like this really doesn't pay any dividends.

Increases your feelings for that particular one (aka you are forcing oneitis on yourself), then just don't tell her you are going mono, pretend to be poly, pause fucking other girls if that's what floats your boat.
    I tried that. It was one of the longest 24 hours of my life but I survived it.

Welcome back Pureevil.

Perhaps you could post another thread describing how this approach changes your early game. For example when a woman tries to push monogamy very early I can now just give them the , I'm not that kind of guy idea. I wonder how you handle it. The breakups seem like they could be dicy too. . .. .

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Walker View Post
    I tried that. It was one of the longest 24 hours of my life but I survived it.

Welcome back Pureevil.

Perhaps you could post another thread describing how this approach changes your early game. For example when a woman tries to push monogamy very early I can now just give them the , I'm not that kind of guy idea. I wonder how you handle it. The breakups seem like they could be dicy too. . .. .
    It doesn't change a thing about my game. I don't sell myself as a mono guy at any point, if I decide to go mono with a girl it's because she's the exception. My current mono was sucking my dick within 2 hours of meeting, and I had banged another girl the day before. Game as usual. Fuck, then connect (nice that you remembered this one Bismarck).

The one and only difference is that when a girl proves herself to be exceptional by my standards over time, I'll go mono with her. For example my current girl is a smart 21 year old model in LA with a contact list of celebrities. I get shit tested with screen shots of famous rappers trying to text-game her, but she's all about me right now. This will change eventually, which I'm fine with. She'll probably cheat soon. But there's no reason to let these facts prevent me from experiencing the pleasurable bond with her for several months. I'll be perfectly fine when it ends and if she "cheats", and meanwhile she's bringing me more pleasure than a rotation would.

I've field tested serial mono four times (I'm in the middle of my fourth field test I suppose), and found a unique sort of value in going mono, as described in the first post (playing to the unique biological reward found in the pair-bond). I'm very much "serial" as in many, not mono for life.

Breakups can indeed be dicey. There are ways to minimize the fallout, but withdrawal from a pair bond is intense. That's the price you pay, no free lunch.

Formerly Newman301 Irish Asshole's Avatar

Yup, that old post inspired this one. Good to see you posting here again!
    www.musicianlifestyle.com - Quit your job. Do cool shit instead!