Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Bit of a stream of consciousness post, just based on the impression I have of your last few approaches and my thoughts about them:

Ok, time for you to change how you do things.

I've noticed a pattern.

You are essentially, and this is my pet peeve with "direct game", putting all the onus on HER. Not influencing her states of mind or her mood. Forget direct vs indirect for a moment, because both always come down to the same thing: you must influence her mind, get her out of where she is now and into this bubble between you and her (called vibe or rapport sometimes), so that you can turn her on and lead her to bed.

What you are doing instead is getting HER to make decisions - snap decisions in the moment. To which of course, people will always revert to their subconscious or automatic deicsion-making process. "You'Re cute and I want to say hi" = asking HER to decide whether you should be in her life or not, and what does she know about you? Nothing. Takes a very free, horny, out on the prowl, super attracted, or desperate or adventurous hehehe or whatever else woman to say "sure let's have him in my life."

Perhaps you'll get the occasional "ok, let's see what he's about", which you then follow-up with a couple of probing questions and giving up once there is even one bit of silence or hesitation on her part.

You're putting MORE onus on her to make decisions when you ask them to hang out later, or to give them their phone number (well, still those are good things to do, just nothign to really influence her into the direction you want things to go). And then when you get the objection about the husband or the borefriend (ehhee I love that old acronym), you focus on it and make that objection a real obstacle, no matter what your reply is. Again, no influence, and asking her to consciously go against social conditioning. Direct game will NOT address that. In fact, direct game is mostly a screening tool, but who wants to screen out 95% of their targets? Lazy people, lazy people who like to approach 20x more girls to get the same amount of success lol.

Direct game really is just a kind of opener, but you still gotta keep up some game after that. That's why to me, it's just an opener among many. Sometimes it's GREAT. And you know, when you turned the corner and "Accidentally" bumped into that chick and reacted spontaneously, this is GREAT for direct, it feels a lot more natural in her mind IMO cuz it just happened, you don't seem like you planned on saying that or like you say that to every girl who sits near you at Starbucks or girls who you deliberately sit nearby. Makes sense?

I don't think anyone is asking you to fall silent. I think we're asking you to try different ways of talking, yes even to the same woman. She falls silent, say something else, see what she bites on. She objects about some maybe-imaginary husband or boyfriend, no worries, ignore it and keep talking, see if she can still bite. See if you can move her emotions and sexuality towards some more fun rather than take it as an impenetrable wall... For all you know, she's dying for that sort of experience in her boring life... Not to make decisions that will go against all her social conditioning!

ock

Quote Originally Posted by ockwick View Post
    Bit of a stream of consciousness post, just based on the impression I have of your last few approaches and my thoughts about them:

Ok, time for you to change how you do things.

I've noticed a pattern.

You are essentially, and this is my pet peeve with "direct game", putting all the onus on HER. Not influencing her states of mind or her mood. Forget direct vs indirect for a moment, because both always come down to the same thing: you must influence her mind, get her out of where she is now and into this bubble between you and her (called vibe or rapport sometimes), so that you can turn her on and lead her to bed.

What you are doing instead is getting HER to make decisions - snap decisions in the moment. To which of course, people will always revert to their subconscious or automatic deicsion-making process. "You'Re cute and I want to say hi" = asking HER to decide whether you should be in her life or not, and what does she know about you? Nothing. Takes a very free, horny, out on the prowl, super attracted, or desperate or adventurous hehehe or whatever else woman to say "sure let's have him in my life."

Perhaps you'll get the occasional "ok, let's see what he's about", which you then follow-up with a couple of probing questions and giving up once there is even one bit of silence or hesitation on her part.

You're putting MORE onus on her to make decisions when you ask them to hang out later, or to give them their phone number (well, still those are good things to do, just nothign to really influence her into the direction you want things to go). And then when you get the objection about the husband or the borefriend (ehhee I love that old acronym), you focus on it and make that objection a real obstacle, no matter what your reply is. Again, no influence, and asking her to consciously go against social conditioning. Direct game will NOT address that. In fact, direct game is mostly a screening tool, but who wants to screen out 95% of their targets? Lazy people, lazy people who like to approach 20x more girls to get the same amount of success lol.

Direct game really is just a kind of opener, but you still gotta keep up some game after that. That's why to me, it's just an opener among many. Sometimes it's GREAT. And you know, when you turned the corner and "Accidentally" bumped into that chick and reacted spontaneously, this is GREAT for direct, it feels a lot more natural in her mind IMO cuz it just happened, you don't seem like you planned on saying that or like you say that to every girl who sits near you at Starbucks or girls who you deliberately sit nearby. Makes sense?

I don't think anyone is asking you to fall silent. I think we're asking you to try different ways of talking, yes even to the same woman. She falls silent, say something else, see what she bites on. She objects about some maybe-imaginary husband or boyfriend, no worries, ignore it and keep talking, see if she can still bite. See if you can move her emotions and sexuality towards some more fun rather than take it as an impenetrable wall... For all you know, she's dying for that sort of experience in her boring life... Not to make decisions that will go against all her social conditioning!

ock
    Sounds great man, let me just reach into my vast experiential repertoire of social suave... oh wait... I don't HAVE vast experience.

Ok. So I'm putting the onus on her. Put the onus on me? Is that what you're saying?

Also, how do I make a bubble? I thought that's what I'm doing by approaching her and being real?

You gotta give me some pointers at least. I've got nothing to work with here.

This is where the concept of "routines," which essentially translates to "tried and tested conversational options" can come into play. Their whole function is to take the onus off of her and give you options other than "interview style" conversation.

You don't need to use any "pre-scripted material" if you don't care to but at least read all the routines I've linked and understand what's going on behind them, IE engaging non-interview style conversations where you lead the interaction.

The time to stop and be silent and all that comes later, after she's hooked and you're on a meet. Unless you happen to run into a chatty girl, you need to have a good 10 minutes of interesting "hook her" conversation material in your pocket. Some guys get really good at pulling interesting situational stuff out their ass in the moment (that's me) but as I've written I do have my go-to conversations and stories. Anyone who socializes a lot will notice they have a lot of the same general conversations over and over.

Again, if you google "pick up labs missions" you'll find many of the classics. If you don't want to use them directly, you can use them to get an idea of the type of early-interaction conversations are more chick-crack than what you're currently doing.

Like this for example. At a conceptual level its "notice something 'unique' about her, and do a cold read where you tell her what that says about her" which is common "do a cold read" advice. It just goes one more step and gives you something specific to work off of, complete with contingencies: http://pickuplabs.com/blog/missions/...er_Routine.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by pureevil View Post
    This is where the concept of "routines," which essentially translates to "tried and tested conversational options" can come into play. Their whole function is to take the onus off of her and give you options other than "interview style" conversation.

You don't need to use any "pre-scripted material" if you don't care to but at least read all the routines I've linked and understand what's going on behind them, IE engaging non-interview style conversations where you lead the interaction.

The time to stop and be silent and all that comes later, after she's hooked and you're on a meet. Unless you happen to run into a chatty girl, you need to have a good 10 minutes of interesting "hook her" conversation material in your pocket. Some guys get really good at pulling interesting situational stuff out their ass in the moment (that's me) but as I've written I do have my go-to conversations and stories. Anyone who socializes a lot will notice they have a lot of the same general conversations over and over.

Again, if you google "pick up labs missions" you'll find many of the classics. If you don't want to use them directly, you can use them to get an idea of the type of early-interaction conversations are more chick-crack than what you're currently doing.

Like this for example. At a conceptual level its "notice something 'unique' about her, and do a cold read where you tell her what that says about her" which is common "do a cold read" advice. It just goes one more step and gives you something specific to work off of, complete with contingencies: http://pickuplabs.com/blog/missions/...er_Routine.pdf
    Well I'll try it, but I'm not going to like it, and I'm sure that vibe will transfer onto the girl. :/

Id drop the Im not jealous line for sure. Maybe just respond with something like "Oh, think he'd let you out of the house on Saturday? "(Or whenever you are wanting to meet with her).

Bro there are 4 questions every woman asks when you approach ...1 is he a psycho? 2. What does he want 3 what does have he have to offer 4 how long is he gonna stay? Does your approaches answer these questions positively.

1. The answers....No weird creepy topics ,smile when you open no uptight body language 2.state your intentions with a direct opener or root an indirect opener. Negs work here being a challenge an ivd works here it's interesting ,multi threading keeps you from.getting conversational lockout .4 ftc and negs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grodmeister General View Post
    1. The answers....No weird creepy topics ,smile when you open no uptight body language 2.state your intentions with a direct opener or root an indirect opener.
    Got those covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Grodmeister General View Post
    Negs work here being a challenge an ivd works here it's interesting ,multi threading keeps you from.getting conversational lockout .4 ftc and negs work.
    Hard to be a challenge when you've already told her you're attracted I guess. What's "ivd"?

What's "ftc"?

Any good sources for negs?

I much prefer that to the routine PureEvil posted. That just feels so gamey and fake. I don't think I could pull it off without hating every minute of it. But if I could work some good elements into my natural style, that'd be preferred.

Of course, if I have to try those routines, I will.

EDIT: I mean essentially it's like choosing a style (clothing) isn't it? You see the clothes that "work" for what you're after, and then you choose the articles you, personally, like. Isn't it the same?

Btw, I love Lovergirl's suggestion. I did something similar one time. When the woman said "I have a boyfriend" I was like "That's cool. I still think we should hang out sometime though".

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by SargeMaximus View Post
    I much prefer that to the routine PureEvil posted. That just feels so gamey and fake. I don't think I could pull it off without hating every minute of it. But if I could work some good elements into my natural style, that'd be preferred.
    I've posted a bunch of examples. . they're all to help you think along lines other than interview-style conversations. I've said you don't even need to try them, but at least read them all over so you get an idea of the types of early-interaction topics that hook a girl's interest. I would never do that last one in as much depth as is written, I've never actually done a scripted routine in my life. But back in the day I read and analyzed a lot of them to understand what they were trying to accomplish, and then incorporated the underlying concept into my own style of conversation. It took me from boring same ol' same ol' conversation as everyone else, to interesting and unique first conversations.

The underlying mechanics of that last one I posted are solid: 1. notice something about her, in this case her rings 2. point out that the thing you noticed MEANS some hidden underlying personality trait. Girls LOVE getting noticed, and love unearthing hidden meanings about themselves. 3. Make her work to get the meaning from you, don't just give her the answer right away when she asks. 4. Have the hidden meaning be something that works in your favor by laying down the right frames.

My personal style for this one would be more 1. "Nice rings, you sure have a lot of them" 2. "and a thumb ring (pinky ring, index finger ring, whatever you notice) too? Uh oh. . You know what they say about girls with thumb rings!"

Now she's begging you "what? What do they say about girls with thumb rings?" She's hooked, at least for another minute, instead of looking for a way out. So you go to. . .

3. "Oh, I don't think you can handle it TBH. Its not for the feint of heart. You sure you want to know? You SURE??" (make her beg more) 4. "Ok, you asked for it. The thumb ring shows you to be an individualist, someone who does her own thing without caring what others think, who operates outside society's norms. Basically its saying you're a bit of a freak."

Now look at where the conversation is at. She's essentially been begging you to tell her she's a freak for the past three minutes. THAT'S the whole point of coming with something other than the usual, which is where you're at now. You can make up whatever bullshit you like about the hidden meaning of thumb rings or whatever else you've noticed about her, whatever works best for you. "Individualist" is a good go-to as you can bridge that to the beginnings of sex talk. "Dominant, submissive, powerful, love & romance" are all other good cold read go-tos.

People have been throwing out to "cold read" so I thought a specific examples would help.

The above is very natural conversation to me. Notice something "unique", give it a hidden meaning, make her work to unearth the meaning, make the meaning something that works in my favor. Use/bridge the conversation to setting the frames that more easily lead to sex.

Sarge I run the ring routine too that is the ivd I talk about ...I don't introduce it the way pure does it but that's my money ivd/transition however I run it even if the girl lacks a ring,I body rock then say btw I noticed you don't have any rings see I love psychology and psychology tests and where you put a ring says something about you,tell her to pick a finger and give her the explanation for the finger she's chosen last.however rather than Launch into sex talk early I multi thread into a non sequitur story ....with btw have you ever been to xyz...Now I'm into story and can go back to the ring routine later.