Close
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

This post has been ranked 5.50 out of 10 with 2 votes.

The Game Has Changed

I've been denying this for the past few years, but the reality hit me the other night.

I just got into LA and my friend wanted to go game in Santa Monica. I had met him at the Ultimate Pick Up Conference in 2013. This dude was part of the big crew that they had here that featured the likes of Arash, Manwhore, DJ Fuji, and some others. Anyways it was an amazing conference that featured Neil Strauss, the RSD guys, Mehow, and a bunch of other big names in the community.

Gaming with this guy the other night, he told me that the game had changed. And looking around this beautiful Santa Monica club, of course significantly more men than women, but then the realization came, "3 years ago there was none of this snapchat bullshit and girls wouldn't go to find their validation on instagram." We went into a long conversation on how it had changed. Tinder wasn't popular back then and there was no snapchat. If a girl wanted validation then she had to go out to a nightclub.

And thinking of this I knew that back then when I first started that girls largely will only go out to a night club to "just dance" which essentially is just a validation of social proof, putting herself on display for other people in demonstration of her attractive feminine qualities. But now she has instagram, snapchat, and facebook more than ever to take advantage of all this social validation that has never been more abundant than at this present time. And the girls who did go to clubs to just hook up now can just use tinder or bumble.

Just like anything though, game or otherwise related, it ebbs and it flows. It's not necessarily bad or good, but just how it is now, and it's different. What used to be a more prime spot for night game and that life might not be the case. With this new technology, my thoughts are that the real opportunity then comes in day game.

I write this post just to clarify my thoughts and open up a discussion. I had thought for the longest time that game isn't changing, but it's real. Some people say that it has changed because of RSD but I don't so much believe that. This is simply because how hard it really is to get those skills, I know that the large majority of people won't, even if they take a boot camp.

How do you think the game has changed? Other ways you have noticed it?
    -Supernova

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

So you are saying less girls are coming to the clubs in LA than three years ago?

Was that the change? i felt nostalgia in your post, but for what exactly was not clear.

The reason i ask is because, when you strip off all the emotion and just look at the relevant facts, it will be easier to decide if it is bullshit or not.

This post has been ranked 1.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by hangman View Post
    So you are saying less girls are coming to the clubs in LA than three years ago?

Was that the change? i felt nostalgia in your post, but for what exactly was not clear.

The reason i ask is because, when you strip off all the emotion, it will be easier to decide if it is bullshit or not.
    Haha yeah to summarize I would say it is different in a few ways, but most specifically that the girls look for validation in other ways besides getting hit on at night clubs. This has several effects such as them not being at night clubs, or them having different reactions at night clubs. In objective experience I would say it is more pointed towards dismissal nowadays compared to in the past, they would keep dorks or guys they weren't interested in for more entertainment.

But I would also say that guys are generally better than when I started so this can make some things more challenging (at least in America - Denver specifically). Not sure all the differences, but definitely different now than I think about it.

This can make game more challenging as well with all of the sources of validation that women are getting. Say 5 years ago their phone wouldn't have been as blown up as it is now. I am not sure on all the points of differences, but it is interesting. And I'll always have nostalgia for those old days
    -Supernova

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 3 votes.

For myself personally, I really dislike this type of analyzing. Its probably because I feel that things only become 'factors'/'problems' once you start paying attention to them. Not before. (Girl/guy ratio being a great example.. I know a few guys who always complain about this in clubs, and Ive never seen them with a girl...)
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

ijjjji can you pls make a post about not giving a fuck? Everytime I read your posts I see how good you are at calling out people at giving too much a fuck about useless things.

Yeah, really agreee with ij on this one,
    This seems pointless, cuz even if you come up with an answer its an excuse?
    It reminds me of people in poker talking about badbeats or why its hard to win
    Or in chess where peple talk about the millions of options there are in a game

That isn't to say I think the rapport you are looking for is useless,
    Its more like saying the rapport you are looking for can be "eh, it doesn't really matter though" and be a better mindset

Has the game changed?
    I think that people want to say that
    Its like in southpark with memberberries

Some things never change man
    Just the way we talk about them does
    And these days guys wanna show they've been around a while
    Or get solidarity with a lil complaint about times being tough

How much is that useful though?

Personally, I find girls who use snapchat or whatever easier to flirt with
    Cuz the less a girl expects awesomeness the more she gets surprised and taken back by it
    And it opens up routes for convo and teasing her etc

Like... lots of people want to drop off social media, so its not exactly like you can't tease
    Best not to look at things as problematic...
    Just show you can shift and adapt

This post has been ranked 1.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post
    For myself personally, I really dislike this type of analyzing. Its probably because I feel that things only become 'factors'/'problems' once you start paying attention to them. Not before. (Girl/guy ratio being a great example.. I know a few guys who always complain about this in clubs, and Ive never seen them with a girl...)
    I see exactly what you say in that paying attention to these things can be problematic. It absolutely is relevant though. To have the sensory awareness to see things different as before can give you greater understanding on the world around us. In a simply narrow-focused view we can think just about how to get the girl and this will be advantageous for that, however there is a bigger picture here. Stepping back to look at oneself and the world from a broader perspective you can observe for example how you have improved or not improved EX: "Oh shit 90% of my lays are from tinder, should I really be going out to the club anymore. Is the club what is making the difference for me?"

So while this thinking to move away from limitations is understandable, my aim is not to frame this as limitations or blocks to game, but rather observances to society as a whole and how we can better understand it. For example, attraction is never going to change at the core of what it is (women wanting confident alpha males) however the observance and the interpretation of those traits is going to change (women liking beards and tattoos today compared to 60 years ago where it might have been a man with a crew cut and steady job that would have been attractive). The point is to understand humanity even more and with that there will be limitations and advantageous in many different endeavors and new technologies.
    -Supernova

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

I think the game has become easier every year since i started doing this.

Especially in India (at least in the right cities), the bar culture was very limited even a few years ago, now its exploding.

Another contributing factor is that your experience is increasing every year. I would take older and experienced in cold approach, over young and inexperienced, any day. (Young and experienced is hard to attain, especially if you care about your work and it requires lots of focus)

A few days ago, i was at a bar with a colleague discussing work (and occasionally posting here lol). I did exactly one approach the entire evening, and it turned into a lay the next day.

My colleague said it was a tough set, i knew it was girls on the prowl and i told him before going in that the girl with the tattoos is looking for dick. And its indeed she who ended up fucking me the next day.

When i decided to move back to india, i was worried that it wiuld not be easy to do pick up here.

This post has been ranked 5.50 out of 10 with 2 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    I've been denying this for the past few years, but the reality hit me the other night.

I just got into LA and my friend wanted to go game in Santa Monica. I had met him at the Ultimate Pick Up Conference in 2013. This dude was part of the big crew that they had here that featured the likes of Arash, Manwhore, DJ Fuji, and some others. Anyways it was an amazing conference that featured Neil Strauss, the RSD guys, Mehow, and a bunch of other big names in the community.

Gaming with this guy the other night, he told me that the game had changed. And looking around this beautiful Santa Monica club, of course significantly more men than women, but then the realization came, "3 years ago there was none of this snapchat bullshit and girls wouldn't go to find their validation on instagram." We went into a long conversation on how it had changed. Tinder wasn't popular back then and there was no snapchat. If a girl wanted validation then she had to go out to a nightclub.

And thinking of this I knew that back then when I first started that girls largely will only go out to a night club to "just dance" which essentially is just a validation of social proof, putting herself on display for other people in demonstration of her attractive feminine qualities. But now she has instagram, snapchat, and facebook more than ever to take advantage of all this social validation that has never been more abundant than at this present time. And the girls who did go to clubs to just hook up now can just use tinder or bumble.

Just like anything though, game or otherwise related, it ebbs and it flows. It's not necessarily bad or good, but just how it is now, and it's different. What used to be a more prime spot for night game and that life might not be the case. With this new technology, my thoughts are that the real opportunity then comes in day game.

I write this post just to clarify my thoughts and open up a discussion. I had thought for the longest time that game isn't changing, but it's real. Some people say that it has changed because of RSD but I don't so much believe that. This is simply because how hard it really is to get those skills, I know that the large majority of people won't, even if they take a boot camp.

How do you think the game has changed? Other ways you have noticed it?
    I don't know what the fuck these other dudes are talking about, but most definitely the night life has changed.
    At an economic level there are less and less nightclubs and bars. That's an industry wide trend, and you can google that shit.
    There's a popular article about how bars/clubs are dying in the UK. The states are the same.
    They aren't closing down because of "industry" consolidation. Overall LESS PEOPLE ARE GOING OUT. So there's less money to be made.
    Why do you think a lot of places are now catering to the bottle service crowd? They can't exist without catering to whales.

I wouldn't go with the common red pill idea that these chicks aren't hitting the clubs for "social validation". That's far too diabolical.
    The Red Pill Guys make this basic apocalyptic prediction - Internet + Smartphones + Social Media + Dating Sites = The end of game as we know it.
    Girls are getting all the validation they need online.

To their credit, guys that couldn't step up and talk to chicks in real life, are now getting dates through OkCupid.
    So it cuts both ways.
    But the inability to cold approach, actually makes what we do far more valuable and powerful.

I just don't find the "sky is falling" narrative to be true when I actually interact with these digital zombies.

Back to the topic.

Less people are going out now because "at home" entertainment is getting better and better.
    The sociologists call this "atomization"
    Google "Bowling Alone" - and you'll see people talk about less and less civil engagement in the 70s-90s. 20-40 years ago, not 2 years ago.
    Bowling leagues, fraternal organizations, PTAs. It's not just clubs, it's everything. It's even TV.

As to what to do about it, the overall global trend is urbanization - so that means more people living densely.
    So day game, street game, happy hour game, - basically game outside of the dance club and meat market environment.
    Cold Approaching at night clubs for one night stands is excellent training for game elsewhere.

Ultimately what we're learning is female psychology and behavior, and how to basically align our own thoughts and minds
    to express ourselves in the best manner possible.

TL: DR - So the sky isn't falling.

WIA
    Last edited by WestIndianArchie; 10-16-2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    I see exactly what you say in that paying attention to these things can be problematic. It absolutely is relevant though. To have the sensory awareness to see things different as before can give you greater understanding on the world around us. In a simply narrow-focused view we can think just about how to get the girl and this will be advantageous for that, however there is a bigger picture here. Stepping back to look at oneself and the world from a broader perspective you can observe for example how you have improved or not improved EX: "Oh shit 90% of my lays are from tinder, should I really be going out to the club anymore. Is the club what is making the difference for me?"

So while this thinking to move away from limitations is understandable, my aim is not to frame this as limitations or blocks to game, but rather observances to society as a whole and how we can better understand it. For example, attraction is never going to change at the core of what it is (women wanting confident alpha males) however the observance and the interpretation of those traits is going to change (women liking beards and tattoos today compared to 60 years ago where it might have been a man with a crew cut and steady job that would have been attractive). The point is to understand humanity even more and with that there will be limitations and advantageous in many different endeavors and new technologies.
    I think you are being indulgent

What do I mean by that?
    It means that you are alllowing this to be more relevant than it is because you want it to be, because you feel it is something you can tackle

BUT
    Peripheral as it may be, you can surely explore it
    But it is indulgent to assume it is central to anything
    Its more just gossipy "talk"
    No?