Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

attractive women for a fling, less attractive women for a relationship? ?

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...e-women--study

yes or no?

dunno i wanna say it's crap, but maybe it makes sense

note: they defined attractive/not attractive by estrogen influence on face, not other important stuff

I didn't read the article but the headline isn't true in my case. For a relationship a girl needs to be more physically attractive than for a fb-relationship. Personality traits become more important as well.
    "There is a fundamental difference between men and women. To ignore it means to suffer, to experience it means to love. To understand it means seduction."

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    I didn't read the article but the headline isn't true in my case. For a relationship a girl needs to be more physically attractive than for a fb-relationship. Personality traits become more important as well.

would you "trust" a girl that's more physically attractive to want you/be happy/content with you though?

interesting though, since a study says the opposite may be true for the guys in the study
    Last edited by Kit; 12-18-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Whether I trust a girl has to do with her personality and not so much her looks. I have seen plenty of 7s who I wouldn't trust and I have also seen 9s who I would.

I should probably mention that I have never dated a 10. At this level of attractiveness it could be different.
    "There is a fundamental difference between men and women. To ignore it means to suffer, to experience it means to love. To understand it means seduction."

Part about marrying less attractive women was pure speculation.
    I promise results would be identical to the test they did carry out (fling). Men are simple. Sex is sex, regardless of labels.
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 5 votes.

It's hard to ever take any self reporting by the average male seriously, because they basically take what comes to them.

So basically they get directed around, be it a one night stand or an long term relationship. Then they get asked what they prefer and honestly report. Then the researchers go "but why are more men with more masculine featured women in relationships, but they prefer a more feminine face for a fling". I think the more fascinating study would be why the more masculine faced women are making LTRs, and feminine featured are flirting and creating one night stands . Most men are passive rubes in all of this. Average male actions and preferences are of little value in mating and dating studies.

They are so powerless in the process it's about as revealing as asking a Polar bear for self defense moves.

Gun

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Beside the fact that these guys who make these choices are cowards I would say they also make the wrong choice: the more a woman is masculine the higher is her propensity to sexual promiscuity. There are many studies indicating that a higher level of testosterone in a woman induces sexual promiscuity. Instead a very feminine woman who is HSE (high self-esteem) maybe be very, very exclusive in relationships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_promiscuity

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Beside the fact that these guys who make these choices are cowards I would say they also make the wrong choice: the more a woman is masculine the higher is her propensity to sexual promiscuity. There are many studies indicating that a higher level of testosterone in a woman induces sexual promiscuity. Instead a very feminine woman who is HSE (high self-esteem) maybe be very, very exclusive in relationships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_promiscuity

Actually
    a more feminine woman may have more testosteron as well (funfact)
    Actually during ovulation a women's testosteron levels also rise (higher sexdrive remember?)

and more/too much estrogen results in more testosteron as well..

a more masculine women usually has less estrogen, but not necessarily more testosteron

At least.. that's all I know of it.
    Just figured i should tell you. =)

(so basically high estrogen is also associated with higher sexdrive. hence it would make sense that a women with less estrogen would have a lower sexdrive )

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Actually
    a more feminine woman may have more testosteron as well (funfact)
    Actually during ovulation a women's testosteron levels also rise (higher sexdrive remember?)
    and more/too much estrogen results in more testosteron as well..
    a more masculine women usually has less estrogen, but not necessarily more testosteron
    Sure that is also true. There is a balance between hormones and it is dynamic process. Nature tends to increase masculine features in women and feminine features in men at the peak of attraction in order to make the genders feel they are "closer to each other". It creates an "illusion". Shall we call it "falling in love"? The purpose is procreation. The famous study by Desmond Morris regarding male faces during ovulation and during the other time of the cycle is very revealing. Anyway these guys are still being very simple if they think that choosing a less attractive woman for a relationship would be a solution to their fears. Also they miss the type of very feminine and very attractive woman who is naturally exclusive. These women do exist. Actually I would say they are a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    least.. that's all I know of it.
    Just figured i should tell you. =)(so basically high estrogen is also associated with higher sexdrive. hence it would make sense that a women with less estrogen would have a lower sexdrive )
    Thanks. Higher sex drive anyway does not mean the same like predisposition to sexual promiscuity (what a bad word by the way) and polyamorous lifestyle. Higher estrogen's driven increased sexual desire is associated with the most important trait of female sexuality which is: emotional communication. A woman who feels satisfied in her emotional communication with her man will be naturally exclusive. Actually in my (long) experience of women I have noticed already since years that if I manage to induce attraction, worship and fascination in a woman and she will feel she is satisfied in her emotional communication she will be naturally exclusive to me. The way of "infidelity" of this kind of woman is different. She will need to find a way to be unsatisfied in me in order to justify having sex with another man. If I will want to have her into polyamorous lifestyle I will to even "fight against" her real nature. In a way have her act against her own self-image and identity. Instead a testosterone driven woman will be 1. Dominant 2. Will tend to control emotions by logic (just like men) 3. Be competitive 4. Will be attracted by dominant men but soon after get into fights with them. 5. Will try to have relationships with weaker men (these will last longer) and then 6. Will dump these weaker men for shorter (and dramatic) relationships with stronger men. There is an aggressive, competitive aspect in truly masculine women that is totally missing in estrogen driven women. A clear sign of a masculine woman is if she reacts by logic to my attempt of establishing emotional communication with her. Also another factor that makes of this topic very complicated is the fact that sexuality, survival and exerting power on each other are in our human race (sadly) strictly linked to each other.

By the way a funny story. Once I was trying to attract a local woman (there are many very masculine women where I live) on a ship trip by running on her one of my self-made patterns. It is an emotional description of a day in Rome. I call it "The one minute Rome story" It goes like "You know.. waking up in the morning and enjoying a wonderful walk along the ancient and romantic Rome.." and it continues.

She was in the company of a skinhead guy (they are very dangerous) and she literally told the drunk guy to fuck off in order to be able to talk with me.

She hears the story (which I had naturally flow from the fact that I am Italian and girls are always curious about that)

And then she says: "What is this? A psychological test?"

LOL.. VERY masculine woman.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Kit, I think the study says single men take less attractive women for wives because of scarcity (lowering standards to improve the odds.) And married men are looking for better looking women for flings because abundance of sex at home and the danger of getting caught prods them to be pickier. Am I reading this right? If so then the title has nothing to do with the study and more to do with "traditional wisdom." It could be that "Men prefer to marry less attractive women" as the title says, but the study doesn't prove it.
    "Traditional wisdom" says that most men choose uglier women for wives. It's understood to happen because men's M/W complexes and insecurities. (men think: "If she's the hottest I've been with maybe I don't really deserve her. It will never work long term" or "She's so hot, she'll surely find someone better." or "I'm getting clingy because I'll never find one as hot as she is.", or "She's surely a whore, "good girls" are never this hot.") It's what I believe Franco means by cowardice.
    The worst one I heard was when I was a young man (21 or so.) I slept with a friend's wife. She was not "a 10" but she was charming in her femininity, submissiveness, and emotional richness. Someone I could love. She got dumb and developed feelings for me. Then she got dumber and told her husband. I felt terrible. He threatened to kill me, then he wanted to just talk. When we talked, one of the things he said was: "I thought that by marrying an unattractive girl I was going to be safe from her cheating on me." That's when I stopped feeling sorry for unraveling his family (they had a young child too.) Can you imagine the hell she'd have had to live in. Being stuck with a guy that finds her unattractive for the rest of her life... just because of his insecurities. I'm glad I freed them both from that bond.