Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sase View Post
    Kit, I think the study says single men take less attractive women for wives because of scarcity (lowering standards to improve the odds.) And married men are looking for better looking women for flings because abundance of sex at home and the danger of getting caught prods them to be pickier.
    This is rationalisation afterwards though, this doesn't lie in line with what the mentioned study did:

In a study with several hundred heterosexual male volunteers, a team of researchers made composite pictures of women’s faces, and asked the men which ones they would choose for long- or short-term relationships.
    It doesn't say anything about whether they have a chance of acquiring the women they choose.
    Original abstract:

Abstract

Several evolutionarily relevant sources of individual differences in face preference have been documented for women. Here, we examine three such sources of individual variation in men's preference for female facial femininity: term of relationship, partnership status and self-perceived attractiveness. We show that men prefer more feminine female faces when rating for a short-term relationship and when they have a partner (Study 1). These variables were found to interact in a follow-up study (Study 2). Men who thought themselves attractive also preferred more feminized female faces for short-term relationships than men who thought themselves less attractive (Study 1 and Study 2). In women, similar findings for masculine preferences in male faces have been interpreted as adaptive. In men, such preferences potentially reflect that attractive males are able to compete for high-quality female partners in short-term contexts. When a man has secured a mate, the potential cost of being discovered may increase his choosiness regarding short-term partners relative to unpartnered men, who can better increase their short-term mating success by relaxing their standards. Such potentially strategic preferences imply that men also face trade-offs when choosing relatively masculine or feminine faced partners. In line with a trade-off, women with feminine faces were seen as more likely to be unfaithful and more likely to pursue short-term relationships (Study 3), suggesting that risk of cuckoldry is one factor that may limit men's preferences for femininity in women and could additionally lead to preferences for femininity in short-term mates.
    jxM08Lo.jpg[

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    By the way a funny story. Once I was trying to attract a local woman (there are many very masculine women where I live) on a ship trip by running on her one of my self-made patterns. It is an emotional description of a day in Rome. I call it "The one minute Rome story" It goes like "You know.. waking up in the morning and enjoying a wonderful walk along the ancient and romantic Rome.." and it continues.

She was in the company of a skinhead guy (they are very dangerous) and she literally told the drunk guy to fuck off in order to be able to talk with me.

She hears the story (which I had naturally flow from the fact that I am Italian and girls are always curious about that)

And then she says: "What is this? A psychological test?"

LOL.. VERY masculine woman.
    uh what makes that so 'masculine'
    sounds more like intelligent to me,
    no offence but I think people somehow think girls are idiots, while girls can also just be intelligent // using their normal background to do stuff, without being less feminine (just being less of an airhead)

I would probably react in a similar fashion
    (not that I am the average girl here.. posting on some forum where dudes try to pseudo science girls into onenightstands
    (sorry if this sounds offending, but I would dare to say it's true LOL))

thing is, that doesn't make me more or less feminine.
    just raises or lowers some points of my IQ, personality and it also says something about the atmosphere and society I have grown up in.

Dunno whether your other stuff may be true, just can see this example and feel like facepalming, i respect you franco, but this one was really off I think.

Did you grow up in italy btw? Because that would explain your predisposition to think of some girls as less feminine than others, based on the cultural gendernorms there.

edit: actually, funnily i was thinking about this and how i know many girls who act differently normally and differently when they want a guy.
    (i do too probably)

mainly: they act way more like emotional creatures around them, in order to attract them by fitting their genderstereotype idea of a girl...
    it makes me so sad to watch it happen, and I see it so fucking many times.
    Just exactly this what you mention 'a feminine girl would react emotionally at it'
    have you seen how often this is faked? it's really making me sad to watch it happen so often. Because while you said a girl may react emotionally, at the same time this implies a guy would not.. while guys may as well.
    and girls may not.

Weird right?
    That's gender stereotyping and that's why I dared to quote you and tell you i think this one story is bullshit.
    You can't tell femininity and masculinity apart by how people react to a story LOL
    (at least not if you want to go to the core of what makes a girl a female and a guy a male, and if you want to strip all culturally applied bullshit gender concepts)

I mean.. genderstereotyping is fun to play around with, but if you truly want to seduce someone i think it needs te be stripped away

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 3 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    no offence but I think people somehow think girls are idiots, while girls can also just be intelligent // using their normal background to do stuff, without being less feminine (just being less of an airhead)
    I do feel you to some degree here. I think a lot of what gets ascribed to females on these male-centric PU boards is true for people in general more than women in particular. There are considerably more universal similarities than there are sex-specific differences. No shortage of overly emotional and flakey dudes out there. I mean, just scroll through the threads here, I'd wager there's more emotion than logic fueling most discussions.

thanks. was afraid everyone would go like "booo" here ��

edit: actually funnily i was holding a guys hand today.. and it was so weird to see how his fingers were truly way bigger than mine..
    its funny, it feels like exploring the difference between male and female with him, without being restricted to gender norms.. just straightout love it.. weirdness

but truly, sexual polarisation at its best is seen in the small things I think

I dunno, people just fear maiintaining relationships with hotter girls cuz they stress about her leaving or whatever
    But if shes submissive to him in particular, he'll think he has the upper hand and like it
    Loads of girls won't like giving a dude the upper hand like that though, and I agree
    Except then that same girl goes and finds a guy she has the upper hand with in order to avoid her own confusion

So it works both ways
    Its pretty annoying/stupid if you ask me
    Most people are just total drifters like a sea cucumber or jellyfish floating about
    There is no reasoning behind their choices other than proximity and ease of access to said relationship...

:/
    Sad but true

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

Relationships are usually a confused mixture of two distinct needs which don't connect well: home and adventure. It is somewhat possible to have both if you create this kind of breath-in/breath-out moment and keep it going, but it isn't possible to have both at the same time with the same individual, which is why people usually tend to separate the needs to different people: a wife for feeling at home and another woman who poses the adventure. The funny thing that most people don't seem to understand is that fearlessly going on an adventure only becomes possible as long as you do have a home you can come back to afterwards, so it's not so much a "I prefer this over that" but rather a "I'm so glad I have you so I can feel secure enough to go on adventures". I'm not sure I would be able to accomplish what I feel I can at the moment without the security my girlfriend provides me. The added benefit is that when coming home from my adventures (of any kind, not just sexual), we'll both be a little different which creates sort of an adventure getting to know each other anew again. In a way the article may be right stating that men chose different women for different kinds of needs, but I wouldn't define "attractive" as having much to do with physical appearance, it's rather about which kind of need a woman might fulfill that defines the type of attraction felt by a man. Does she offer home, security, or adventure?

Jester
    Bunterrichten - Alternativen zum Unter-richten:

hmm i agree with that they often are in peoples mind, especially faced with questions like this, but obviously people have more sides to their character xD

also, just read this :

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7484286.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    hmm i agree with that they often are in peoples mind, especially faced with questions like this, but obviously people have more sides to their character xD

also, just read this :

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7484286.html
    LOL, I just read the title: "Three is the magic number: Optimum number of sexual partners revealed"
    Yes and no, I thought to myself. More than three and my schedule starts feeling really crowded. Then I read the article and realized they were talking life total, not MLTRs. Is that fucked up or what?!

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sase View Post
    LOL, I just read the title: "Three is the magic number: Optimum number of sexual partners revealed"
    Yes and no, I thought to myself. More than three and my schedule starts feeling really crowded. Then I read the article and realized they were talking life total, not MLTRs. Is that fucked up or what?!
    Yeah I was surprised to recently learn that a couple of friends my age have both had sex with less than 10 women. Makes me wonder if a small number of men have most of the sex. No wonder white knights and self-hating male feminists are so common. Also M/W complex. Sad when you think about it.

Well It's hard to say. As Gun said most men just settle for what they can get, so it's hard to draw out a general rule.

Also usually people prioritize personality more then looks for relationships.

Mostly It comes down to the individual and what they would value more in a ltr.

Some guys don't want their wife/gf to be too hot so she won't get hit on constantly other guys get off on everyone eyeing their gf/wife, soo it really depends on the person.