Close

Shadow practising (attn: ijji and night gamers)

So, something I've done on and off for years, and which really helps with night game is practising my approaches and conversations in my home before actually doing them in real life in the club.

I call this shadow practising.

Its the same reason:

Basketball players constantly practise their jump shot when not playing a real game
    Boxers practise their jabs, punches and movements through sparring and outside the ring
    Footballers train in the field every day before their real games

Even when they're not on the pitch/ring/court, they are still practising so they can stay sharp and keep making incremental improvements. And a seducer can do the same with great benefits. He can be practising his skillset even when he's not in field. That way he will constantly be making incremental improvements even when not in a club, so that when he is in the club itself, things are more plain sailing.

Things I do are:

1. Shadow practise doing cold approaches by imagining a girl or group of girls is in front of me or sitting down, and actually doing the moves to walk up and start a conversation. Whilst also making sure your eye contact, body language and other things are in check so your doing it calibrated.

2. Shadow practising my openers/conversation routines and getting my mouth warmed. Running through various techniques and "routines"

3. Shadow practising different kino escalation structures ie pulling her arm over my shoulder, arm around waist

I try and do this in blocks of 30 minutes at a time. Too long and youl get sloppy....too short and you wont really get into it. I dont see an upper limit of how long to do this per day though (as in the overall time spent)...so long as your doing it in blocks it should be fine..but each person is of course different so see what works for you.

Ive found this to be highly effective. We only have so long in a club and some skillsets wont be fully developed unless you're doing them regularly. And practise makes perfect.

Id be interested to hear other guys comments on this. I know some guys will frown on it, but people in sports do this all the fuckin time. Its how sports works. You practise your skillset before going into the field so you can keep making improvements. Even in sales, business, people practise before doing things live.

Practise makes perfect. So when your actually in the club, you're just automatically going through the motions and will find it a lot easier. There is less internal resistance and things flow more smoothly

---------------------------------

Second thing is:

After every night out, im now making a note of all the "approaches" I fail to do. The number of failed approaches tells me what amount of practise is still required, and where shadow practising will assist with that process.

For example, last night I probably had 4-5 decent conversations with women off cold approach, but I copped out of doing 4-5 other approaches and conversations I really should have done (and on smoking hot chicks who seemed receptive). Now, going slightly off topic but relevant: you might say, theres no need to do a cold approach in a club and you can just mingle. But IMHO, thats seriously limiting your repoirtoire, and you could also lose your "overall" focus if your just focusing on the mingling aspect. The overall aspect being you are there for the hot chicks that you would like to meet

There are genuine situations where a cold approach IS required and mingling of itself wont assist with that. So developing this skillset is still important in club game and its something which can be practised and incrementally improved upon through shadow approaches

Examples:

Girl standing on her own dancing
    2 girls hovering with their drinks and looking receptive
    2 girls on their own in the smoking area

In these situations, a cold approach is necessary. But, if your copping out from that, it needs to be identified and worked on.

So, in my case last night I copped out on about 4-5 approaches. This identifies that im still copping out and shadow practising is one way to solve this issue. By continuing to practise approaches, I will have less internal resistance to doing it when the time goes live. That happens because human beings are creatures of habit. If ive made the habit of approaching even if through shadow practise, I will find myself doing it easily in a live field without having to even think about it.
    Last edited by Impulse; 01-02-2017 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typos

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 3 votes.

Sports are more mechanical, pick-up is less mechanical

Sure, visualize better habits, so you will be more aware once it happens in the moment and it's easier to do the "right" thing

However, don't become too mechanical and get clouded vision from over-preparation

Visualize/prepare:
    - BL, EC, vibe things (Ricardus girlschase x-factor series)
    - a better alternative for things that you need to work on cause you clearly repeatedly make errors (one or two things at a time)

Focusing too much on verbals beforehand tends to make me stiff and rigid
    Same for trying to predict/control a pick-up

Still best to have in-field awareness, and recognize stuff on the go

Sports and PU overlap but still remember PU is way less mechanical
    If you need correction, pick only a few and work on that for a while

PU is way less predictable, so remind yourself about what's really worthwhile to "drill"
    What behaviors are fully in your control and don't depend on others reaction

Quote Originally Posted by bazoom View Post
    Sports are more mechanical, pick-up is less mechanical

Sure, visualize better habits, so you will be more aware once it happens in the moment and it's easier to do the "right" thing

However, don't become too mechanical and get clouded vision from over-preparation

Visualize/prepare:
    - BL, EC, vibe things (Ricardus girlschase x-factor series)
    - a better alternative for things that you need to work on cause you clearly repeatedly make errors (one or two things at a time)

Still best to have in-field awareness, and recognize stuff on the go

Sports and PU overlap but still remember PU is way less mechanical
    If you need correction, pick only a few and work on that for a while
    Solid post and thanks for the input Bazoom, interesting and good points here....

For sure, pickup is less mechanical and more fluid. The point of the shadow work is to improve on the basic structures common to night game situations and yes, those things which are within your control.

So namely:

Approaching and doing this congruently when required

Having conversational threads in your repertoire to keep things interesting when required, and help lead things in a sexual direction (instead of causing them to go flat). Infield calibration of your threads is of course something that can only happen in field

Mutual touching - achieved through rehearsing basic kino structures and automatically doing the movements so you dont have to think about remembering it in field

Doing anything too complex and which is too situation specific isnt advised, as yes, the field is fluid and dynamic

Focusing too much on verbals beforehand tends to make me stiff and rigid
    Yes I agree...there has to be a balance here...verbal practise is to rehearse a few conversational threads that are useful in more low-key situations or when you need a parachute to keep a conversation interesting.

Its not necessarily opening conversation....which can be done on the fly in field, due to the fluid situation

Examples of the types of baited themes could be:

Liberal holidays
    Male-female social dynamics
    One night stands, sex, sex talk

Having these rehearsed beforehand allows me to go into them quite easily in field. Ive found that when the practise stops, the conversation can go off-topic more easily, which can inevitably bring it to a boring topic that will kill the vibe

--------

That said, I also do practise different types of opener too, especially charged openers which signal a sexual direction from the get go - this is how ive gradually managed to shift into more direct game over the past few years...by practising beforehand....so it feels more comfortable and congruent when doing it live

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Visualization is the best. I would probably not 'practice' on my own unless I noticed varied reactions. (You kinda need another person in order to vibe)

If girl responses are varied, the best thing you can do is:
    -Put laptop so that camera is eye height.
    -Turn on recording.
    -Walk over to the laptop from across the room, and strike up a conversation.
    -Keep in mind that you must look in the camera for eye contact.
    -Watch the video. You will get a real sense of the vibe you are giving off, which can be super useful.

Also:
    -Record yourself squatting to check if your form is good.
    -Record yourself posing in front of a mirror, then pick a frame for POF picture.
    -Record yourself from all angles, to check your posture.
    -more ideas...?
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post
    Visualization is the best. I would probably not 'practice' on my own unless I noticed varied reactions. (You kinda need another person in order to vibe)

If girl responses are varied, the best thing you can do is:
    -Put laptop so that camera is eye height.
    -Turn on recording.
    -Walk over to the laptop from across the room, and strike up a conversation.
    -Keep in mind that you must look in the camera for eye contact.
    -Watch the video. You will get a real sense of the vibe you are giving off, which can be super useful.

Also:
    -Record yourself squatting to check if your form is good.
    -Record yourself posing in front of a mirror, then pick a frame for POF picture.
    -Record yourself from all angles, to check your posture.
    -more ideas...?
    Brilliant post, and I agree that vibe is something that cant be replicated on your own

The video thing is something I did before when I was recording professionally for some stuff, but ill do it again - I noticed I lacked a calmer relaxed expression and could do with more control of my body movements - especially shoulders and posture - plus a few guys I know (community members) said I could do with lowering my energy a little and slowing down.

The eye contact thing was something I didnt have properly down before. I would make good eye contact but sometimes I would look away because I was thinking of a conversational thread..and that gets picked up subconsciously by a girl...very strange but its true..its as if she unconsciously turns off..so this is something big for me that I want to correct.

Girls want to be noticed by you and little things here and there can create a subconscious response and an interruption in the fluidity of the interaction

And I replicate those body movements through the shadow practise:

Slow movements
    Good eye contact on opening and "seeing her" as a fluid thing, and maintaining eye contact without "looking away" to access material in my mind (hence maintaining fluidity and assisting the vibe)
    Practising the tone of my voice for the opening
    Going through different conversational threads (a basic structure) so I have a few parachutes prepared without having to "access my mind" when talking to her, which gets picked up subconsciously

---------

I dont have any problem getting into conversations of itself, just I think its a good idea to iron out fluidity issues so my intent and energy is focused on her, instead of "remembering what I have to do and what I have to say" when im actually with her - because it gets picked up on some level