Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This post has been ranked 7.00 out of 10 with 4 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skills360 View Post
    Maybe you are right! but the forum is unmoderated... So there is no banning anymore... This was my last attempt...

P.s. Circulator, me and ijjjji are cool... he is being objective as he sees it... Anyways I am out, be back when the forum comes back to actual value...

Maybe a couple of folks could volunteer to be moderators.

This post has been ranked 9.00 out of 10 with 3 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Circulator View Post
    ijjjji I am really deeply disappointed to see you defend Impulse. The guy is the incarnation of forum cancer with zero redeemable qualities. I don't know if you're doing it out of principle, some vendetta against skills, or what, but I feel this inner sadness as I watch a forum which has had such a positive impact on my life get overrun with ignorant, arrogant, and quite frankly dangerously idiotic drivel...and you're OK with that?
    -I am not protecting (nor judging) anyone. Im simply trying to observe what is going on.
    -I believe everyone knows I have the same gripes in regard to Impulse that several others have. Thats not what my reply is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Skills360 View Post
    Maybe you are right! but the forum is unmoderated... So there is no banning anymore... This was my last attempt...
    P.s. Circulator, me and ijjjji are cool... he is being objective as he sees it... Anyways I am out, be back when the forum comes back to actual value...
    -Thanks for understanding
    -Please dont stay away for too long!

Just to clarify where I stand:
    -Impulse has had quite some cases of brain diarrhea lately, with subsequent ego-fighting/trolling to defend dubious views. The 'problem' is that he still has occasional level-headed (dare I say useful) views and comments scattered throughout.
    -Skills is just being himself. A great poster, that easily flips into a troll when 'rubbed the wrong way'..
    -My main frustration is that they fill threads with back-and-forth bickering. Id like to see more posts along the lines:
    "Everyone knows my dislike for the concepts in OP, so I wont re-explain. Just stating for the record."
    "Whoa this is going nowhere. Lets just agree to disagree. Well at least Im done with this discussion."
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

You guys need to learn to speak without resorting to ad hominem attacks. Pretty simple concept. Amazing a forum dedicated to self improvement and communication cannot even get that one down.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
    Maybe people can learn important life skills instead of having their hand held.
    The Qlue, simple perspectives on life.

This post has been ranked 1.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Alright, i'll try and give a level headed response now:

I think the main issue with me is that I can come across direct and "biting" of sorts in a lot of posts with too much obsession for certain topics, which isnt respecting etiquette boundaries for a lot of guys. Im an outspoken person thats normally pretty direct in business all the time - you have to be - so thats probably why im direct and speak my mind even if it walks all over other people's conceptions/beliefs and doesn't respect the emotional state they're in. And being obsessed about something can come across the wrong way.

I actually didnt grow up like that - At school I used to be a shy guy. But ive always been excellent in person - I was a public speaking champion at my school, and also an athletics champion on the track - I was the muthafuckin champion dude that everyone had to beat! Damn! Somehow ive gotten off track......I did have a shitty upbringing and was always late for school LMAO.

I talk to everyone when im out - people introduce themselves to me, I have a fun, relaxed and happy vibe about me...im not overtly assertive or steamroller people. I listen to them and what their world is about. And obviously nobody can see that from here..what they do see is a type of "directness" and overt obsession that can come across strong and biting and "too much thinking" with the occasional dubious topic peppered in of sorts

Last, a lot of what some may say is brain diarrhoea (credit: ijji, I like that phrase, I'll use that more often instead of mental masturbation lol lol) is I believe just me being taken out of context or people not understanding what im saying, coupled with being obsessed about certain things (especially things to do with the mind and brain programming). For example the 6 pack stuff...thats honestly been taken totally out of context and wasnt aimed at most people..it was a continuation of a discussion I was having with skills and pureevil..it came across the wrong way and people misunderstood it so I regret posting it actually

That men better than women thing was a totally stupid thread though, it was just something that happened in the moment and I got carried away...Ive deleted it all. Maybe a few other threads that worked people up too (the BS exposed for instance) - think it got taken the wrong way, as if I was criticising specific posters..again another direct and biting thing happening there

Anyway, if ive pissed guys off from posting too much I'll apologise again...think it would be a good idea to take a few steps from here..but...I do believe it is based primarily on obsession and addiction for this stuff more than anything else, which is causing me to get into some topics unnecessarily

EDIT: Ok, im aware its an energy flow thing...I need to use my energy more effectively instead of a deer smashing through the windscreen all the time...my energy is obviously powerful, I need to use it more effectively and direct it better
    Last edited by Impulse; 01-04-2017 at 04:15 PM.

This post has been ranked 7.50 out of 10 with 2 votes.

i haven't read the drama being referenced.

just saying this drama is why public forums were left for a while by good posters.

theres quite a few who will never post publicly because of this kind of drama.

signal to to noise ratio. etc.

edit: not referring to the posters mentioned here. i've seen quite a bit of drama and crap on this forum over the years.

This post has been ranked 9.00 out of 10 with 3 votes.

Though I have always been around in varying degrees, I am an infrequent poster so I won't overstep my bounds by speaking about things other than what I have personally seen. Frankly the issue is egos, and that has been an issue (again in varying degrees) since just a little while after this forum was created. Too many people who are insecure or deluded in their own knowledge trying to shove their opinions down others' throats as if it is fact. Too many people who are certain that they have it all figured out, but don't realize that geniuses ask the most questions. They don't realize that what they know is such a small fraction of what there IS to be KNOWN, that it is negligible. They don't realize that you can learn something from everyone. The majority of any forum often turns into a vicious circle of egoistic seeking of validation as opposed to a true offering of value, and that is where the issue lies. If one truly had all the answers, why would they insist when another refuses to open their mind? Again the core issue is ego. Wanting to believe you know everything as opposed to accepting that you know nothing and attempting to learn. I can't say that I have never had this mindset nor can I say I never will have this mindset again so I am not exempt. The true master is an eternal student, and unless you go through life with the attitude of a student, your ego will rear it's ugly head no matter how great you are.

-Too much name dropping. Any good point will stand on it's own two legs and ignorance compounds in groups. Evoking someone else's name to argue a point when they are not centrally relevant to the point is a sign of a weak argument.

-Too many opinions being presented as facts and shoved down others' throats. Unless you are presenting empirical evidence or quoting someone, you are stating your own personal opinion. Some will agree, some will disagree, but no opinion can ever be right or wrong.

-Too much fraudulence and grandiosity. This is human nature to try to be more than truly are, but it seems to be more prevalent in internet forums where the burden of evidence is negligible. Then others feel the need to also seem grandiose lest they fall into the shadow of the first man. This is why 90%+ male bodybuilders are on steroids. How can they compete when everyone else is on steroids?

-Too little sense of purpose. Are you here to learn and improve/help others do so, or are you here to prove you know everything? If your purpose in life or anything is to show that you are already perfect, you have no purpose.

-Too much projecting. Though we are all similar in that we are human, and even more similar in that we all are posting in this forum, no two humans are identical. It is human nature to project, as what you have experienced is all you know. Personal experiences are infinite sources of knowledge when used positively, but if the shoe doesn't fit, don't force it. Understand that every human is infinitely different. Each moment that goes by in their lives is another factor in which makes them different from you and every other human, so respect and honor that.

-Too little fresh air. In many forums people spend their whole day posting and commenting rather than actually participating in the object of said forum. Quite ironic. People on Reddit spend all day talking about video games when they could be professionals had they spent half that time actually playing the game.

I could go on but this just seems to be a comprehensive list of things that I have witnessed afflicting THIS forum and forums in general. Be the change you seek.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
    history has shown that becoming a mod is the most efficient and effective way to lose that poster

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 3 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrassMoFuggah View Post
    history has shown that becoming a mod is the most efficient and effective way to lose that poster
    There's our solution right there. Every three months, we vote on who the biggest KJ is, and make him a mod.

Also...sup guys, long time no see.

that's so true. some of the best members
    who were mods seem to disproportionately dip
    blackdragon, nicolo, tubaroo, Z I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    There's our solution right there. Every three months, we vote on who the biggest KJ is, and make him a mod.

Also...sup guys, long time no see.
    Well, well, well. Look who's back from the dead!