Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 3 votes.

Are 'vibes' actionable/doable/practical?

-Im drawing a small map of the various vibes regarded as attractive by our community.
    -And I had to really stop and think, when running into the cloud/cluster containing swagger, cool, chilled, confident, etc...
    -As Ive said ad infinum, telling yourself to feel a certain thing, is very fragile (backfire)..
    -So are we setting a trap for ourselves, by focusing on vibes?
    -Are they not much better than affirmations in this regard?
    -Or are they real actions, that you can immerse ('flow') yourself in without such 'fragility'?

Ive seen that some show a resistance to the vibe concept, and Im suspecting that their dislike must come from a suspicion along these lines.
    And quite frankly, Im not 100% free from this worry myself. At least something to keep in mind if we proceed with this somewhat new-age'y methodology...

(Im leaning towards putting '.Theory' style posts in off-topic from now on. I miss .Theory, but I also dislike having a lot of forums. Makes each one too thinly populated, I guess..
    Do you think its a good idea, or should KJ'y topics about PU go in general now?)
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

I'd say it depends on whether there are observable characteristics that is universal for a vibe (or almost):
    E.g. "most people with x vibe move their arms in y way"; "most people with x vibe have y gaze"

How descriptive could you point out behaviors. Think of pace, direction, versatility (maybe one vibe has more dynamics)

Like you could describe a certain gaze to not move a lot, if it moves it's slow, eyelids loose
    Or walking more slowly yet towards a destination, eyes are ahead quite looking into nothing but the general direction
    Most of the time having the eyelids drop and lips quite loose but then tense a bit around lips (as in trying to surpress laughter) while the head is cocked a bit away from someone yet you maintain eye contact (playful smirk)

Do you think such descriptions will help people at least to illustrate? Of course movie fragments and such help

Nothing to do with this topic, but I think the general board is too full of whiney, complaint, random, mental masturbation topics. In general, the general board should be a bit less general and more focused on real actionable seduction stuff.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

I think vibes are what we work with in our daily lifes, mainly when we meet people in order to set a main "basic" framework for the convo. (e.g. judging whether we want to engage with the other, good vibes signal fun, bad vibes less fun, and make us depend on what we know)

However for longer lasting relationships there is more than just vibe and tension and I think that's what you mean.

Therefor I think for a one nightstand focusing on vibe makes sense, but when you look for something longer, without making someone go pairbonding(irrealistic thing where the image is mainly vibebased I think) you would need more yes?

(current thoughts, everchangeable & depending on my mood)

This post has been ranked 1.33 out of 10 with 3 votes.

I think being self-aware of your vibe only results in anxiety.
    The Qlue, simple perspectives on life.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlue View Post
    I think being self-aware of your vibe only results in anxiety.
    I dare to disagree lol

You can be selfaware of your vibe and work with it..

edit: think awareness of your vibe and/or emotions and using them/understanding them+understanding the effect of them on yourself and your surroundings is something people consider part of EQ/emotional intelligence
    Last edited by Kit; 01-04-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Kit!! You are quite skilled at 'riding' your own vibes, right? (Impression I got from your posts before. + you are female, right?)
    Would you say there is a difference in how ride-able different vibes are? Say we were comparing:
    -a sexual vibe
    -a vibe of happiness (or sadness)
    -a vibe of self-content
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.

to be honest, for me i sometimes have moments i am fully in tune with them and sometimes I am not.. therefor it would be hard to compare..

but yeah, sexual vibes obviously open up more kind of modes i think at other vibes.. dunno i dont think of sexual vibes as being a different kind on their own.. its more like all those are on an interconnected spectrum for me..

so dont really feel adept enough to answer your question.. maybe someone else can.

from personal experience happyness and sadness come more often and are easier to call up.
    compared to self-content. and then sexual would be the hardest to call up from 0 (since i use memories i guess)

to ride them depends on yourself and the moment / context a lot I think. They all can be hard / easy in a different way at different moments..

riding happyness is so easily said, but i remember moments where it was hard. That you feel you want to be happy but still feel some kind of inner sadness/deadness.. (i dont remember why anymore) or the other way around.. feeling like you want to cry and not being able to. (i put on music to make it happen sometimes)
    I think a truly fully sexually loaded vibe is more consuming though, and requires more control+awareness+awakeness

dunno. Its all so fucking confusing and so much dependent on your lifestyle. My theory is that this stuff gets easier if you 1) allow yourself 2) have a good lifestyle 3) learn how to be in the moment
    for me personally the vibe doesnt matter hardness wise. Ofcourse some stuff comes easier than another, but thats because of the context

Seems like a passive way to look at vibes. Like vibes are some object or quality one posses. At most it's seeing "vibes" as something one projects in the world (perhaps with the hope of it resonating with, or at least in someway affecting, someone else.) Seeing vibes this way is indeed fragile. It's weakness comes from selfishness (self-centeredness ?)
    I like to think of "vibing" as an action. One can:
    1) have/project a vibe. (= weak as I mentioned above.) Or,
    2) vibe with someone (= stronger. You actively seek resonance, a common wave length and build amplitude.) Or,
    3) vibe someone (=strongest. You meet them where they are but then change the frequency, amplitude, and power. You lead them somewhere else. Hopefully somewhere they'll want to visit again.)

Not exactly sure what you all mean by "vibe", but I think of it as simply having a connection with someone.

In terms of actionable advice...do you understand social ettiquette and courtesy, and do you know how to carry casual conversations? If so, and your "subject", the girl, is willing and able, then you know how to "vibe".

When there is mutual attraction behind that vibe/connection, I call it pickup.

Intetionally carry that vibe/connection to sex, and I call it seduction.

-Attempted to test the actionability.
    -Decided to walk with a bit of swagger and self-contented expression.
    -It wasnt hard.
    -It didnt feel fake or contrived.