Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

I like Sase's 3rd vibe idea.

And mostly agree with Circ's idea that "[if] you understand social ettiquette and courtesy, and do you know how to carry casual conversations? ... and your "subject", the girl, is willing and able, then you know how to "vibe"."

But I think ijii is questioning whether it is teachable in a sense to carry "that" vibe all the way to sex. Which seems a valid question based off of discussions this year, but I'm not sure it is easily teachable.

I keep seeing this repetitive 3 lately as being a great balancing factor, so if one were to try and vibe I would assume a rule of three would benefit the endeavor.

I can't quite figure out my vibe anymore, compared to a few years ago. I got called basically a grandpa at a party the other day ha!! While, at the same party I had two very sexy girls submit to me after being at a party for an hr or 2 and "vibing them," and then of course my car of people had to leave. And our driver had almost blown our whole group out of every god damned single set at this party, so me and a friend kindly pulled damage control and the party was appeased but our chances were mostly destroyed.

Could I tell someone on here how I accomplished sparking major attraction in two girls and horrified another?
    Yes, my vibe stems from a stoic demeanor with a somewhat flashy style and a quick wit with fun banter. My ec is rather poignant, I can look past a girl and not at her and have her hover IF I noticed she looked for my eyes first... My conversation is eloquent with an undertow of backroom debauchery... But, my looks are about a 5, a 7 at most, lower so to the general 18-24 girls (the one I horrified, she may have been younger).

Can I give someone "actionable" advice on how to vibe similarly?
    It's difficult and will probably pick up some noise in the transmission, but the right ideas will probably emerge eventually if the person is taking action and thinking about it.

I don't know, like I said my vibe has been confusing me lately, but I think it's more to do with my outward appearance dilapidating like an unkempt Baroque painting. But then I also strike some serious attraction spikes to the core of some hotties still, so again confusing.

I can see how ones internal reliance on a presupposed vibe could be detrimental or considered fragile. If someone is completely reliant on THAT idea of them self, then they are essentially cornered by their own Ego into acting as such. Which is why my vibe is stoic, but free.
    In Ictu Oculi

I dont understand the concept of vibe completely. But I want to of course. So when someone can explain that too me, it would be nice.
    When I think about it at the moment from a practical angle I see myself slipping a mood specific role. you slip into the moods to project them to peoples.

Attempt of short explanation:
    -When you make your face into a smile, a 'signal' of (possibly fake) happiness is transmitted to those who see it.
    -With practice, you can learn to add a degree of emotion. Smile will look more genuine.
    -People who see a smile, have a tendency to smile back.
    -The act of smiling can bring a slight feeling of happiness inside, which in turn can make a bigger smile.
    -Hence the saying: "Smiles are contagious."

For 'PU vibing', we take the above and try to apply it to a variety of mood-expressions.

EDIT - here are some synonyms, to help everyone know roughly what we mean:
    aura
    mood
    atmosphere
    ambiance
    tone
    attitude
    Last edited by ijjjji; 01-06-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

So with what expressions would you transmit a sexual and seductive vibe ?
    From gwm I learned that it's good to imaginate a lot how you have a sexual expirience with her. What I do a lot lately when talking to chicks.
    From sixty I learned about the poker face and face/eye contact.

I think I know how to be in that sexual/seductive mode or in other words I think I know how to slip in the vibe. There is this "it's on" feeling inside myself I can use for that.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckstar101 View Post
    From gwm I learned that it's good to imaginate a lot how you have a sexual expirience with her. What I do a lot lately when talking to chicks.
    From sixty I learned about the poker face and face/eye contact.

I think I know how to be in that sexual/seductive mode or in other words I think I know how to slip in the vibe. There is this "it's on" feeling inside myself I can use for that.
    That's
    it

I mean, that it's on feeling makes your pupils widen, your bodylanguage to adapt, like a script that starts to run in your body.

It's what makes you position your feet towards the girl, makes you bend over/get closer to the girl (even put your arm around her or touch her), makes your face more red/flushed and makes you enjoy it more. It makes both of you get a genuine smile or focus on each other, may affect the amount of times you wink, the amount of times you both look away and the duration+timing of those things.

It's what determines what people find genuine and what not.

However, by targeting the outer layers only, you can never be truly genuine/calibrated, therefor with vibe usage internalising memories anchored to the vibes / some keymodes of awareness that calls up the modes is required..

Unfortunately as ijjjji is pointing out this is very hard and the question remains whether it's workable.

However the question was about how you can get a teensy spark of some vibe/emotion and use it to call up one of those modes.. and yeah, this is 100% fully possible/workable in my eyes

I don't know how to answer it, because I just don't use any structure in how I relate/am with people.I like to be spontaneous too much to actually help others achieve this. I don't like predictable, structures & reproducing with the goal of reproduction.

The other thing ijjjji mentioned was how you can actually take a few of the outer layer things and call up the state/vibe up together other outer things by yourself.. (which made sense to you I think)
    so to answer your question:
    You know what your seductive/sexual mode is better than anyone else.. focus on moments you feel the vibe and notice (maybe best in hindsight) what is essential for you.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

Well you can apply the same thought process to questioning vibe talk too

"is it silly to get up tight about what words you are using to describe a state"
    I mean, most guys are going to get confused anyway, no?
    The idea behind swagger etc is just to break up a guys preconceptions and help him let go of worse ideas, no?

Of course OVER FOCUSING on it is what people then do
    But that'd reoccur with most any strategy, because what you really require of the guy is to come at it with some level of competancy, so he doesn't makethat mistake

Sometimes you can think about what makes stuff less thinky to the point you actually get all caught up and make it more thinky than before?

Thats the feel I get from it.

Though there is merit in saying it is beneficial to restrain SOME vibe talk, cuz if it becomes the focal point, its then less effective
    Though that really depends on who is listening
    And you can't stop talking something just cuz xyz person gets it wrong
    Neither will adjusting it make it better
    The person is just in a stateof informational paralysis and actually cant use anything

So maybe just dont intellectualise it too much, keep it on the down low, etc

This post has been ranked 7.80 out of 10 with 5 votes.

I used to see vibes as 'do'able'.. reading Kit & Cosy's posts, I have to agree!
    -The doability of vibes is there, but limited.
    -The main limitation comes from 'fragility' when attempted focus/forcing.
    -Also there is limited teachability. The core idea may be shared, but rest is individual exploration.
    -This individuality leads to huge variance. Statements like "You have to use vibe X, it gets me laid all the time." become somewhat meaningless..

In short, we see issues with:
    -doability
    -transferability

As a community, we are probably at a point of no return, for relying on vibe-descriptions when sharing ideas.. For me personally, being probably the worst when it comes to relying heavily on describing vibes, I will try to:
    -anchor advice in more tangible/physical action, with vibe being more of an 'added effort'.
    -avoid cranking up expectations, regarding what vibes can do for others.
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.

This post has been ranked 9.50 out of 10 with 4 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post
    -Also there is limited teachability. The core idea may be shared, but rest is individual exploration.
    -This individuality leads to huge variance. Statements like "You have to use vibe X, it gets me laid all the time." become somewhat meaningless..

-doability
    -transferability

As a community, we are probably at a point of no return, for relying on vibe-descriptions when sharing ideas.. For me personally, being probably the worst when it comes to relying heavily on describing vibes, I will try to:
    -anchor advice in more tangible/physical action, with vibe being more of an 'added effort'.
    Well my vibe references are about telling a guy how to handle his intensity
    Intensity is a constant factor in a guys issue, by correcting the way a guy uses it you change the "vibe"
    The most common "vibe" is frustration, followed by passive aggression and bitterness (no one likes to lose)
    The next most common is the overreaction to frustration which is egomania or insolence (no one likes to have a belief shown to be ineffective)
    The correct way to address the intensity is a paradox because you must achieve two things at once, so it requires some flexibility of thought to comprehend without it getting confusing.
    1) You must bring the intensity back to near neutral levels (so you don't intrude upon the girl's boundaries)
    2) Generate a new approach in order to avoid sinking backwards or being passive (so you show her you have the consistent ability to renew her faith without dragging on her time)

This is why we do little maneuvers like leading at one moment and pulling it back in to be disarming the next moment.
    It makes sure that you don't get flagged as too intense, but lets you persist.
    In a way, it isn't totally about the girl but more effective because it it keeps you from getting worn down by the constant bumps and frustrations you can run into.

I know that cuz when I run dry game, its the same for girls if I just am not intense or frustrated by their bumps.
    For example, I go out to the peer and I'm pretty damn stoic and a girl looks over at me, and I turn slightly (acknowledging she is there)
    Then very calmly send a glint of openess, so she isn't worried about me anymore being a wildcard who my chastize her
    She'll just "play it cool" and introduce herself at some point if it becomes available

Anyways, most guys CANNOT weild the beast in themselves,
    And cuz of it let it run wild or cage it,
    Guys with skill know how to do little things to maneuver it,
    The truth is more that these maneuvers reduce errors
    Rather than "win over" girls (though their is a contagious aspect that has a nice effect, but its a matter of taste whether to use it or not imo)

So in essence, most "vibe" work is actually cleanup, of nasty double binds, weird power plays, manifestations of insecurity.
    And it is further cleaned up by having inner resilience to common frustrations (without getting uptight) so having a cleared up m/w complex, not using black/white rationalisations, not slut shaming etc. That way you don't have unclimbable work to do IN FIELD when you see something frustrating (you remain functional).
    It is also cleaned up by sorting out qualifying standards, your perception of women as a whole, and your views on sex and its quality (and how you relate to that, and can relate with her)
    Which ties into your motivations and why you are doing what you are doing (either cuz you feel it is a means to an ends or because you feel it is a good thing to be part of and enjoy the ends too and can communicate this with a lack of fear participating with the back and forth movement of it so she can sort her side out)

Most guys just implode, cuz they feel that the womens tugs and adjustments are intolerable.
    But in order to fully OWN this process you get these things handled SO WELL that they come across by the way you "vibe"
    Meaning, it is easy to spot an imposter, because they will trip up, and "lose tempo" to their frustrations, rather than appear effortless

Can you just tell a guy, be chill?
    Well... if they are just being irrational,
    Fuck yeah you can,
    Its not like you can fix all this stuff for a guy, he's gotta consider it is important or, well, I guess he just isn't that interested in being good

You gotta get all that stuff right, and then some, and thats what advanced guys do well.
    And to women, its palpable, they are evolved to totally notice this
    "its a vibe"

Of course you can't just push a feeling, you have to clear out the shit.
    This is why I teach "decency" now, cuz it is a faster way to get DIRECTLY to a better vibe cuz it cleans out the shit if you do it right, and clears the blockages that hold up a guys vibe.

Its more complicated than all this of course
    But thats the general non wish washy version

Its actually really hard to apply for every individual, because most guys have "fixations", so often you have to solve all those issues while working with that "disadvantage"
    Cuz each and every one of us is stubborn :P

I have no clue how to fix the fixations dudes get into, I just try to respect that it gives them a unique outlook and hope it pays off for them

This post has been ranked 8.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post

-doability
    -transferability

The sophistication of our thinking is too narrow imo at the time.
    So these conclusions are dangerous at this time
    Once playing soccer was a hard to describe feely thing too. but theyve developed a language for it that depicts many of the principles and elements in both more abstract form and direct actionable elements
    There are ways to form language around socio psychological mechanisms like these

Question is if thats where we are - in the early stage of a social phenomenon which is so core to human communication that its almost impossible to "just see"?
    and if our hypotheses at this time disqualify us to really say if its good or bad right now.

My background is in the social sciences and organisational anthropology - we do have methodologies for boiling down these abstract narratives that this becomes
    And what i see in the comments here is a starting set of nodal points and patterns but it doesnt really capture anything substantial but more gives individual hypotheses on a huge social dynamic. edit: Only thing we really can conclude that we seem to agree on is that its sophisticated and hard to communicate about. Question is if thats due to the nature of the phenomenon which would be the case if more sources would depict the same than in the thread.
    so i would like to dare us to continue with this in mind
    and be very tight with our selection of words
    and also not conclude anything but work progressively with developing hypotheses

Often these studies tend to encompass great sophistication into simple frameworks and mechanisms where the good ones imo provides more of an understanding to actionize from than specific small question answers. That is we aim to define mechanisms understood as interrelated dynamics and how they work together.

eg its not just the vibe but the vibe is an outcome of other dynamics. and these are what we must understand to devise a path of action.

The proces i prefer is more retroductive = we use theories from various places and cultures (professional cultures) and use them to perspectivate evidence or infield observations. its not easy but i think we could do some interesting movements into the layers of seduction

there are several resource pools to draw from:

- Social researchers like Pierre Bourdieu has looked into these things and eg social stares of how people recognise class and trustability based on micronuances in their movement etc.
    - all the face communications research discussed
    - art eg. acting and their understanding of vibing - old schools of mechanical acting where you eg use smiles to display happiness vs. newer schools of thoughts looking into imaginations and how to make eg sitting in a chair interesting to an audience.
    - state transfer thinking, emotionel intelligence type input

just saying that we all feel theres superpower in this, and i dont think fast conclusions or skepticisms should stop us from innovating here. Weve long talked about seduction being a bit same same in here. But first step should be to review what weve got.

Might confuse some but i believe this knowledge is more interesting that various small questions actionable methods devised to give precise what to dos. This is a bigger question thing.

Derived:

1) my key point: do we know enough to assess this actionability of these things right now? Or are we letting a concern we should investigate stop us from this?
    2) right now seems more a time of forming hypotheses than anything to work from (but maybe thats just me and my lack of understanding?)
    2) also im curious - who is tight on the MASF archives - i would love to read back and see the various inputs and hypotheses on vibes from the old forums.

Just to throw in another perspective

i dont believe we should follow scientific approaches, but leaning on the knowledge from these might give us some solidity and deeper nuance to what were looking into.

edit
    - it might not be the way to look at this as a social dynamic with "mechanism thinking". As it should be read between the lines, Im trying not to be conclusive but more give some insights that might help us get a clearer picture of the nature of what were looking at. At large, I like to Consider what "to vibe" really is, and how different perspectives might pinpoint different nuances of it. and when we should conclude vs. hypothesize or other in the proces.

Reorganized and rewrote a bit for clarity and spelling
    Last edited by glow; 01-07-2017 at 01:49 AM.
    I like your hair, lets have sex

Glows Log

This post has been ranked 9.67 out of 10 with 3 votes.

I totally forget about the 'dark side' Cosy talks about in his reply... And it too underlines some of the weaknesses in the actionability of vibes. Simple example: Creepy is a vibe! (and it can come, even if you tried to vibe something nice).

What glow says is very nice, that we should not lose hope - not box our self in, just because it is hard to make vibes actionable in an easy way right now. Im sure people who are enthusiastic will not give up, even if majority of people will still critique them for talking about something seemingly impossible/undoable..

Quote Originally Posted by glow View Post
    2) also im curious - who is tight on the MASF archives - i would love to read back and see the various inputs and hypotheses on vibes from the old forums.
    "Cosy talks a lot about trances and how new realities manifest as a consequence." -Corvette, Nov.17, 2008.

Before Cosy, there was very little direct talk about vibes:
    -2002 GWM
    -2003 Cute Emulation http://www.pheromonetalk.com/ijjjji-...tion-7910.html
    -2004 'Alphaness'. 'Disinterest'. 'State control'. 'Frame control'.
    -2006 Actual term 'vibe' was probably suggested by me. http://web.archive.org/web/201001140...6-10-24a.shtml

Bonus content - Cosy on Immersion (lovely subject): http://web.archive.org/web/201305311...8-06-30a.shtml