Close

Fuckup -- When you forget your wallet

I had an online date first date set up tonight.

On the drive there, I realize I forgot the wallet. Met with her, and I asked her if she'd like to come closer to my place in my car, so I can get my wallet. Of course the answer is no -- only dumb girls will get in the car of a stranger. I then ask her if she wants to just talk and hang out for a bit -- answer is of course no because of the negative feelings I've created with my first statement. She was so pissed.

I had to come home and call up my FB.

This is the first time I forgot my wallet on a date, but I have had to drive back to my place in the past going out with friends because I left my wallet.

Off chance you need this advice, here are my ideas.

Open naturally, be friendly, make small talk. BUILD RAPPORT. Don't take more than 5-10 minutes, so you don't waste her time.

Apologize and bring up that you forgot your wallet.

If connection is good, see if you can offer paypal or venmo payment so you can have something to eat or drink.

If not, just exist, offer a rain check, offer to treat her next time.

The objective is to get a day 2

Under no circumstances offer desperate, creepy, or be too apologetic. I've done at least 2/3 of the above!

If someone gets a chance to field test this, please follow up.
    Last edited by FRwestk; 01-09-2017 at 05:21 PM.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by FRwestk View Post
    I had an online date first date set up tonight.

On the drive there, I realize I forgot the wallet. Met with her, and I asked her if she'd like to come closer to my place in my car, so I can get my wallet. Of course the answer is no -- only dumb girls will get in the car of a stranger. I then ask her if she wants to just talk and hang out for a bit -- answer is of course no because of the negative feelings I've created with my first statement. She was so pissed.

I had to come home and call up my FB.

This is the first time I forgot my wallet on a date, but I have had to drive back to my place in the past going out with friends because I left my wallet.

Off chance you need this advice, here are my ideas.

Open naturally, be friendly, make small talk. BUILD RAPPORT. Don't take more than 5-10 minutes, so you don't waste her time.

Apologize and bring up that you forgot your wallet.

If connection is good, see if you can offer paypal or venmo payment so you can have something to eat or drink.

If not, just exist, offer a rain check, offer to treat her next time.

Under no circumstances offer desperate, creepy, or be too apologetic. I've done at least 2/3 of the above!

If someone gets a chance to field test this, please follow up.
    This is bad advice. Sure, how you handled your date the other night was terrible, but this advice is hardly any better.

1.) Forgetting your wallet doesn't necessitate a problem.

Just because you forget your wallet doesn't mean you need to make a big deal about anything. I don't know or care where you took this girl, but you are looking at this from a defeated point of view. "i need my wallet to have success on this date." Needs to become, "Fuck I forgot my wallet. How can I use this? How can I still make this happen?"

2.) There is an advantage with this disadvantage

Using your frame of mind you excluded yourself from most of the learnings you could have gained from this. So you take her to dinner or whatever then realize you don't have a wallet, it is going to be interesting to see how to come up with a solution. If you have to pay the bill you will find a way, whether this is getting her to pay (not a bad skill) or going with her on an adventure to your house and back to the restaurant this could actually be in your favor (getting her more invested/comfortable).

3.) This is a problem of focus

Sure you fucked up by not bringing your wallet. However, in your view of how to get with this girl it appears clear that you need a wallet to do so. Fuck the wallet. Even more you come to the point of being on the date with her and focus not on her, but of this issue that actually doesn't have to be a problem at all.

Maybe we all have different objectives, but this to me is a pretty shitty objective. I don't want a day 2, I want to get the girl. If you were going to do this on day 2, then you might as well do this on day 1.
    -Supernova

Is forgetting something like your wallet a recurring problem, or was this kind of a once-off?