Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I hate the notion that you would need 'help' from your pad to 'seal the deal'.

To avoid your pad OBSTRUCTING lays, it simply needs to have a minimum of tidiness.
    (As pointed out already.)

---

Having said that, its nice to have
    - a laptop w/internet for movies.
    - frozen foods that are easy to heat/prepare.
    - vodka and champagne in fridge.

This post has been ranked 4.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post
    Well I hate the notion that you would need 'help' from your pad to 'seal the deal'.
    100% agree with this. And the rest of your post.

Way too much thinking going on in this thread. It's your pad - kit it out for you. Not for girls. You make it too nice for her she may never leave (!). What you think girls carry bags for?

A bit on the sideline.. I really want a hammock! If you get a proper hammock, its supposedly better for you than a flat bed for sleeping. (My back hates beds in general!)

Besides I think it will add an amazing touch to the whole 'feel' of my home.

Have to do a bit of engineering though. IIRC you have to vector calculate for the angle meaning the tension on the hanging points will be far greater than the weight inside the hammock. That and finding the proper distance (ca 3m) between two walls in a suitable location. A nice little project.

I've moved into a new place recently and although it's very small (25 sq. meters), I've already started decorating the place. Some guys don't mind living in a hole as long as it gets them laid, but I genuinely like living in a cozy place that I find aestethically attractive. If it appeals to girls, all the better.

Anyway, here's what I'm gonna do:

• Get rid of those ugly generic beige drapes that were already here when I moved in. I'll probably replace them with wooden blinds like this: http://www.kingsheathblinds.com/images/Wood-Blinds.jpg
    • Get rid of my generic bed sheets and buy some cool dark blue/purple satin sheets. What better way to make my room look like a love nest?
    • Install ambient lighting behind desk, counters, bed, TV etc. I've already ordered some LED strips from EBAY that will allow me to do this fairly easily and make my place look like this: http://www.instructables.com/files/d...2DZ.MEDIUM.jpg
    • Get a fishtank that glows in the dark (I live in an earthquake prone area so perhaps I'll reconsider this): http://thecoolgadgets.com/wp-content...s-aquarium.jpg
    • Get a nice big widescreen TV
    • Put some cool plants in certain locations to fill visual gaps and complete the whole picture
    • Place surround speakers in appropriate spots that will play smooth jazz when a girl walks in
    • Put some cool vintage posters on my walls... right now they're plain and look very boring.

This shit costs money but if you like living in a nice place, it's totally worth it.

This post has been ranked 4.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Quick update: I will be moving next friday, and have everything in my apartment by the following Sunday. I will post pictures, mainly as part of the visual log I plan to keep of my development. The biggest issue I've had with women, in all reality, is a fear of success. Living with a rather overbearing parent, I actually was scared that I'd actually have a chick so into me that she wanted to me to go to her place or to mine, which was impossible. Finally having my own apartment fixes this.

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Today, I share with you 2 amazing 'life hack' furniture that I appreciate so much:
    -Trolley Table - https://www.google.com/search?q=trolley+table&tbm=isch - useful to me in so many ways that deserving a post of its own! ♥!
    -Adjustable Side Table - https://www.google.com/search?q=adju...table&tbm=isch - very useful for laptop, because you can easily move the side table to where you are sitting! Adjustable height is key for sitting/viewing/typing comfort! ♥!
    -Typical examples:

-Side note: Found THE best way to search this forum! google > "site:.pua-zone.com intitlead" ..between this and the other two 'pad' threads, this seemed to be the main one.. ( http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.p...p-Bachelor-Pad http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.p...elor-pad-ideas)
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

This post has been ranked 5.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

The revival of this thread came just at the right time. I'm trying to find a new place within the city and am having a hell of a time. Aside from decor, what kind of places are you guys living in? City central, bachelor/studio, basement, roommates?

Everything is a bit on the expensive side right now, and I refuse to live with a roommate.

I'd consider renting a bachelor/studio, but I've been to a few viewings in the past couple of weeks and they are depressingly small. We're talking bed beside fridge small.

I would rent a while. Similar to here, Canada didnt have a proper real estate crash in 08. So a bit overdue, thus risky. (For your first buy, you are obviously looking for something rally old and run-down _looking_, with great structural quality, at a low price pr. sq. foot. It could take years to find/snag, so start looking..)

Another hack or 2:
    -Dont get a dishwasher. Instead, convert to plastic/disposable tableware.
    -The tableware drawer is great for tools etc, now that its empty.
    -Trash old cushions, and buy new ones filled with plastic beads instead. Comfy x 1000.
    -Install an authentic Latin American hammock, if your walls/beams can support it. Bliss! (Check out the online forum btw!)
    -Add hooks for gymnastic rings while you are at it. Those are like squats for arms and torso. Amazing.
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.

-I made my own flip out arrangement notepad above bed years ago. Its great for bedtime reading.
    -Now Im looking to install a bigger screen, similar to this:
    -

-hmm some nice ideas for other things - http://www.ikeahackers.net/ (I often think creatively like that when in cheap stores. Clothing too.)
    -Im considering replacing my double wall espresso cups (bodum) with thick ceramic ones (better pre-heating)..
    -

Lol. Who is down-voting stuff from five years ago?