View Poll Results: Where do you get a better response ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • OKC

9 56.25%
  • POF

5 31.25%
  • Same thing

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POF VS OKC response rate pole

POF VS OKC response rate pole

Hey Guys

Two questions :

I am curious as what your response rates are between the two sites ?

My profile is the same on both sites.
    I use a similar opener (Canned opener with one ore two reference from their profile added in ).

I get a a much higher response rate on OKC for some reason.

The other question is if any of you are having decent results with the chat?

I get the best results mid-afternoon to evening mid-week when everybody is bored in front of a computer . Sunday afternoon works well to.
    My only lay from POF was the result of a random chat convo.
    OKC all my meets have been the result of messaging with maybe some chat comfort thrown in for good measure.

Any body else in the same boat ?
    I'm trying to figure out this one out.
    Vidi, vidi, vini

There is a higher response rate but generally uglier and less women. POF has more chicks intending just to fuck, while OKC has less of those and more serious dating type women. Both sites are great though.

Where Virgins Learn To Get Laid - RoosterDating.com

You will get different response rates if you use the same opener, because the sites are populated with different kinds of people - OKC chicks are smarter, geekier, better educated, more alternative, and/or more sophisticated.

Therefore I tend to use different openers for the two sites.

Chicks from OKC will also require more effort (not necessarily comfort per se, but typically they want to see if you can have a decent banter) before agreeing to a date. Higher MPS I suppose.

An interesting, related factoid is that, although I've had much, much more dates from POF than from OKC (maybe 3-4 times more), I "converted" the majority of my OKC dates into sex - compared to a minority from POF. I think this is due to the fact that OKC chicks have screened me more, partly thanks to the questions - they're already pretty sure before meeting me that they want to fuck me.
    "I'm the kind of guy you don't want to bring home to mom. Cuz I'd fuck your mom."

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination"

"It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher" - Thom Yorke

I agree that girls tend to be more corky and a bit more educated on OKC that POF
    I tend to message the same type of girls on both. Hot nerds are more my thing that the cheerleader type.

Dud 909 What do you change in your opener for one site versus the other ?

I think someone had spoken about this in a thread. If I remember correctly the concensus was:
    OKC: more witty , and expressive.
    POF : More generic and to the point.

I'll change my POF profile to a more generic "Bro" type profile and get to openers to match to see if it changes anything.
    Vidi, vidi, vini

I have tracked OKC vs POF response rates in detail over a period of many years and 1000's of openers. I can tell you that when you average everything out, they're about the same.

You will often get a lower response on paid sites like Match.com, but OKC vs POF always come out to about the same IME.
    How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
    The Blackdragon Blog

Thanks for the impute.

Since I know you are a big fan of standardization and streamlining, Am I right in assuming you use the same profile and canned opener for both ?
    And do you have the same trend for conversion rate ?
    Vidi, vidi, vini

Personally, I don't worry about response rate ; only lay rate per blitz.

Having said that i voted for POF, hands down.

I tried okstupid a while back and i was met with deafening silence!

Peace
    Anyone with website building experience please contact me.

Like cobi, I've done way better on POF than I have on OKC. POF I've gotten many dates off it and have gotten laid. OKC however, is a bitch for me. Never gotten a lay from that site, and getting dates is tougher for me on that site.

I`ve had more success in terms of messages received and sent on OKcupid than on POF, but they`ve usually been chubby or flakey. Had way more dates from pof.

There are lot more women using pof in my area, (England) from what I can tell, and they`re usually better looking. It seems like OKcupid has a lot of chubby goth type women around here. Not my cup of tea.

Pretty much agree with most of what's been said.. In my experience, OKC does have the less attractive women on it, but god, there are soooo many attention whores and idiotic women on POF. You can spend a lot of the time on POF just pandering to their validation needs. Also, what is with the women on POF and bad grammar/spelling..? The women on OKC tend to be more interesting, intellectual and thoughtful. The conversations you get through OKC can be more fruitful and allow better screening from both parties.

With that in mind, I've not really had much success with either of those sites. I prefer a certain paid site, where I get a much higher response rate and can get date's much more easily. It seems you weed out a lot of the time wasters when there's money involved, I think it helps that I also only target new members and I'm very keen on swapping numbers and moving to text game and dates, rather than relying on online messages..

Interestingly, most women I've dated in the last 12 months or so have had a POF account at some point. Many of them have cancelled it almost immediately due to a) the high level of messages received and b) the kind of freaks that send inappropriate messages to them. It's hard for them to be bothered filtering through 50 messages a day, especially when a percentage of them are from people asking for random gimpy style sex games..
    Last edited by En1gmA; 04-19-2012 at 12:30 PM.