Thread: Why are my postings being blocked on Craigslist?

Why are my postings being blocked on Craigslist?

I wondered if any of you craigslist experts could help me out. I posted looking for a ONS in the M4W section but I get the message saying that my posting has been blocked after I click the continue button. Don't know why.

Also I did not create a craigslist account, just posted without one. Could that have something to do with it?
    "The further a society drifts from truth, the more they will hate those who speak it" -- George Orwell

I'm pretty sure you have to register and verify your account with a phone number in order to post in the "personals" section.

Could also be your wording. They dont like strings of numbers (height/weight for example) or keywords like "sugar daddy" that might be about prostitution.

CL is a pain in the ass. Big time. They block posts, "ghost" posts (you think it went through and posted, but when you go to look at the posts in that section, yours isnt there), and keep requiring phone verification. It's all part of their antispam system, which doesn't seem to limit spam very well, but does a great job limiting your personals section posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JetSetJim View Post
    Could also be your wording. They dont like strings of numbers (height/weight for example) or keywords like "sugar daddy" that might be about prostitution.

CL is a pain in the ass. Big time. They block posts, "ghost" posts (you think it went through and posted, but when you go to look at the posts in that section, yours isnt there), and keep requiring phone verification. It's all part of their antispam system, which doesn't seem to limit spam very well, but does a great job limiting your personals section posts.
    I tried creating an account and reposting, it still got blocked. Thanks for your response I'll give it another try.
    "The further a society drifts from truth, the more they will hate those who speak it" -- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by bukowski_merit View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to register and verify your account with a phone number in order to post in the "personals" section.
    Overlooked this, how do I verify with a phone number in order to post?

Edit, I used a different browser and changed a few words and I got it to post and ask me to verify by phone. But I noticed my posting has not shown up, is that normal?

I'm pretty sure I was ghosted, any advice on how to avoid this?

Quote Originally Posted by chessmaster View Post
    I'm pretty sure I was ghosted, any advice on how to avoid this?
    Google "craigslist ghosting".