Close
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Yea. Here is a post where I tried to explain it from a different angle. Maybe will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijjjji View Post
    In light of this post, Id like to share this groundbreaking (near-epiphany) thought that has been on my mind for 2 months.. Knowledge is Trash! In 'Method Acting' you have the 'Object' of focus that is the ONLY thing that allows you to act with conviction to the point of even doing things on the fly that is 100% congruent with your character, even if things stray from the manuscript. (Lets say you are a karate master in the play. By accident, one of your co-actors pushes a glass mug off the table, and before you know it, your foot has extended to stop the fall, even balancing the mug on the tip of your toe.. because you were 100% focused on the Object of being a karate master of unparallelled skill..) Knowledge, can NEVER be part of an Object. Even if the knowledge takes the shape of very simple instructions, it will ALWAYS take your focus AWAY from a current Object of focus.

Example: You will star as a Billy Idol tribute act in an upcoming event. If you never saw Billy on TV or live, I could give you a set of simple INSTRUCTIONS, and you would still do a HORRIBLE impersonation. Because knowledge can never be part of an Object.

In figure bellow, is a picture of Billy. If I showed it to you and asked you to make that expression, you could probably do it instantly with a degree of success.

If I instead instructed you like the middle frame (without the picture), you would find it quite impossible to even follow that limited number of instructions at the same time, and even if you managed, the result would look nothing like the picture!!

Now, lets imagine I went as far as describing reason behind each instruction (like we LOVE to do in PU discussions), here represented by the outer frame, you would have so much on your mind that it would make things even more impossible.

This is why I cant shake this feeling that Knowledge is Trash!

In order to do well, you need to be inside the picture. The first and 2nd frame are both detrimental to any activity that has an element of 'dynamic performing', such as socializing with others.

Side-note: Those 'fish' diagrams (link on top) are part of my attempt turn what I do into a picture. Hence the need to eliminate things that dont 'paint a picture'.. its such hard work though. Elimination is MUCH harder than adding new things.
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

I just had a closer look at your map. You say to look slightly bored, disinterested. Do you recommend that over listening attentively with strong eye contact?

Quote Originally Posted by hey_lover View Post
    I just had a closer look at your map. You say to look slightly bored, disinterested. Do you recommend that over listening attentively with strong eye contact?
    Sounds like you yanked that a bit out of a context. But yeah, 'attentiveness' should not be something that comes and goes, especially if she talks a lot.
    Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.

Sounds like you yanked that a bit out of a context. But yeah, 'attentiveness' should not be something that comes and goes, especially if she talks a lot.

Yeah, its a bored yet listening look,
    You don't necessarily perk up your ears and turn your head towards her,
    You more "take it in"

People sometimes describe my look as a kind of tiger look
    Just sort of,

Notice how, it is observant, but kinda bored
    Ready to move, but not necessarily likely to move

Its a somewhat contemplative look, that comes from having diminishing returns
    Obviously, tigers are good hunters, so while they love the hunt, they are so good at it that its not always a thrill

It says to the woman "you wont over excite me, I will just be chill, and warm/fun/interesting"

You don't stay in that face btw, you kind of smirk and turn to her after a bit, or nod and chuckle, or touch her and smile
    Before she looks downcast and stops trying

You don't angrily dwell in it, you just kind of, use it to process informaation about what is going on around you in a soft way
    It stops you from looking like this

Whre guys are all freaked out, trying to look around corners, searching for anything to rescue them

Think of it like this...
    You MUST observe surroundings, if you don't, you will become cut off

BUT, it has to look comfortable, and often peoples observational skills make them pull weird ass faces, so when you are not pulling weird faces, but are clearly not cut off from your surroundings, girls know they can interact with you and that you aren't going to be highstrung like an auctioneer ready to crazily jump from point to point

Its best combined with affability
    Or being affable

And you are much better at being pleasing to the senses if you come from a place that is centered

Something like this

Oh btw, this look won't come easy
    You can't just practice it in the mirror
    So don't be a fatalist about it, like "oh no, I can't do it, blah blah blah"
    Just be like cautious but aspirational "hmm, I can't expct it to just come to me immediately, I'll try to get it though"

NICE cats, cozy!! Those are *great* vibes for people who talk and talk!!

Quite the typo. The word in red snuck in there unintentionally. Dont give too much attention unless deserved!

These are all so good.

Literally been compared to a big cat by an old fling, lazy to calcukated strike, mirrors my vibe through the eyes..

On the hunt:

Then switched to relaxed kind of not interested

Depending on the hunt vibe and mingle and reciprocation, its kind of like a slow open accidental "oh hey convo together now? Hmm bye bye maybe later.." and depending on how many girls are in the venue, and how many youve vibed with, if she hooks you can hold and amp up or let go easily with this look slow vibe, non erbal sex appeal.

Ive had many lays start like this
    In Ictu Oculi

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 2 votes.

My diagrams, even the FISH to some degree, suffer from a common problem. SEQUENCE. Ill try to explain why this is bad in one word: Logic.

So far, this is what I came up with for improvement:

(Long have I feared this day. I must post a pic, but Picasa is no more.. WOW, not sure how, but I managed to use Blogger to get google photos to create the old link format that Picasa used to make, and then only had to replace height/width with "s0" to get original, just like Picasa. Yay!)

This post has been ranked 10.00 out of 10 with 1 votes.

Or..

-Been looking for an easy to use online mind mapping tool. MindMup via google drive, is VERY easy and intuitive.
    -Im in love after just 1 day!! 8 min intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d298gmDoKfI
    -Also, I know a lot of you are questioning the need for maps and images. Let me reassure you - its ESSENTIAL!
    -Here is a quick (90 sec) demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMZCghZ1hB4;t=3m47
    Last edited by ijjjji; 12-21-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Ahh, completely forgot to finalize my 'keen' concept (below), and meanwhile I realized that it is a 3-legged dog, as long as I dont fully incorporate KINO.. (for some reason, ASF was always shy when it came to kino talk.. and probably still is. But there are some good threads, like this one: http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.p...even-a-JOKE%29 )