Close
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 143
  1. #61
    Member Qlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    World traveler
    Posts
    3,568



    Yeah thanks..

    I wrote about this and your cornerstone chart here http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post95732
    The Qlue, simple perspectives on life.

  2. #62
    Member Tank_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,187



    Some interesting stuff here about the process itself.

    Let me attempt to break down my understanding of it.
    1.) General reading/listening/viewing PU theory - done far from infield time.
    2.) Specific analysis - listening and analyzing to audio/video of your approaches, posting about sticking points - also done far from field time

    3) Drills - rehearsing material (banter flash cards), improv exercises - done not right before but closer than 1 and 2

    4) Mental preparation - getting in state (listening to music/comedy) and mentally rehearsing approaches (done immediately prior to field time)

    5). In field - being present mostly. Only think about roles you are trying to play, or preopening things to observe and tease on

    Is this about right?
    (I don't really do 4, I noticed...)

    How much time do you guys devote to each point?

  3. #63
    Member Qlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    World traveler
    Posts
    3,568



    That's a lot of left brain stuff and little right brain stuff. I think the point of this thread is that you don't need any of those things.

    - Find 2-3+ things that work for you
    - Make a picture/visualization of those 2-3+ things. Look at the picture to remember them and their associated emotional states.
    - Go out into the field

    Also there is no "getting" in state. You're in the field, you pay attention to how you feel, you already are in state. You can choose to responsd/react in a playful manner, sexual manner, or any other state that's positive, by reacting that way you're entering different states.
    The Qlue, simple perspectives on life.

  4. #64
    Member Tank_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,187



    I thought the left and right brain stuff is pretty even there. 1-2 left, 4-5 right, 3 in the middle, actually.

    Maybe you are saying making sure to spend enough time in all 5 is only necessary when you have a lot of improvement to do - (eg in my case there is no such thing as 2-3 things that work)?

    Both ijjjji and you seem to suggest visualizing prior to the field does help..maybe "getting in state" is imprecise terminology as to why

  5. #65
    Member Qlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    World traveler
    Posts
    3,568



    Quote Originally Posted by Tank_ View Post
    I thought the left and right brain stuff is pretty even there. 1-2 left, 4-5 right, 3 in the middle, actually.

    Maybe you are saying making sure to spend enough time in all 5 is only necessary when you have a lot of improvement to do - (eg in my case there is no such thing as 2-3 things that work)?

    Both ijjjji and you seem to suggest visualizing prior to the field does help..maybe "getting in state" is imprecise terminology as to why
    No I'm saying it's delusional to think you need all those things to be successful. You're trying to assure some guarantee of success by taking all these steps, but they don't do anything, if anything they cause more damage as ijjjji explained with the barrel example. All these things are just mechanisms to soften the blow of fear of rejection. Once you let go of all that and trust in yourself you realize you don't need any of that, and you become a lot more attractive because it's those things that make you doubt yourself in field, which then makes you unattractive, it's a catch22 (paradox).

    The only reason he has those visualizations is because those are things that have worked for him and he's trying to remember those memories/emotional states, or he's trying to share them with us so we can learn.
    The Qlue, simple perspectives on life.

  6. #66
    Member ijjjji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    3,571



    Wow Qlue, Im impressed that you understood the barrel post 100%.

    Tank_, I think you caught the most important thing from my 'how to' stuff! If you get good at that part (connecting to the moment/real world when it matters), what you do outside of field wont hurt your game imo.. But yea, 'quest for a complete skill set' can pull some guys away from connecting like that when among people. (and also preventing you from developing your particular 'superpower' further..)

    - - -

    A note on visualizing.. If you are unsure if getting this right, I have a very good way to know!

    If a few of your lays came in ways that had certain common circumstances, you will know one PARTICULAR feeling during a sarge, when you are talking to a girl and suddenly notice some of those circumstances starting to STACK UP. Like an encouraging dejavu of some sort.

    If you sit in field with a similar feeling regarding how you envisioned yourself earlier on, then you did an extremely good job with the mental picturing. Oh, and for me personally, memories of past successes make up the major chunk of my 'visual concept' of myself doing well (puppydogging, talking over my shoulder, engaging with girls in quick succession, etc etc).

  7. #67
    Member Tank_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,187



    OK cool. I think I get it. I'll try this idea of visualizations and then adopting the appropriate emotions in real time.


    I still think #1-3 is absolutely necessary for me to improve..but I don't have anything that's all that consistently sexually appealing about my personality/the way I talk to girls...trying to be delusional and imagine I do won't fix it. But one day, I will have several things that are sexy about me, and in that case I see how it's important to focus on those as opposed to moving on to build other aspects of my personality (for instance, I don't think I'll care to learn to be a great storyteller necessarily (maybe just a good one), but I sure as hell will work a hard and focused consistent many hours per week on developing my (flirtatious) wit/humor )

  8. #68
    Member Qlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    World traveler
    Posts
    3,568



    Quote Originally Posted by Tank_ View Post
    OK cool. I think I get it. I'll try this idea of visualizations and then adopting the appropriate emotions in real time.


    I still think #1-3 is absolutely necessary for me to improve..but I don't have anything that's all that consistently sexually appealing about my personality/the way I talk to girls...trying to be delusional and imagine I do won't fix it. But one day, I will have several things that are sexy about me, and in that case I see how it's important to focus on those as opposed to moving on to build other aspects of my personality (for instance, I don't think I'll care to learn to be a great storyteller necessarily (maybe just a good one), but I sure as hell will work a hard and focused consistent many hours per week on developing my (flirtatious) wit/humor )
    I don't want to derail this thread into a help Tank session :P so this will be my last response to you, feel free to PM me if you're interested. The problem is that you're still too attached to your identity. It's evident in your writing. "I don't have this..", "I'm not that", and then you project into the future "one day I will".. Let go of the past, let go of who you are and what you have, let go of what you will be. Just focus on your feelings right now, get out there and try things out, form new memories/imprints from new experiences, then you will know what works and what doesn't, remember the feeling, put it on a visualization like ijjjji does, and next time you go out remember that feeling/memory. Done and done.
    The Qlue, simple perspectives on life.

  9. #69
    Member Tank_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,187



    Quote Originally Posted by Qlue View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread into a help Tank session :P so this will be my last response to you, feel free to PM me if you're interested. The problem is that you're still too attached to your identity. It's evident in your writing. "I don't have this..", "I'm not that", and then you project into the future "one day I will".. Let go of the past, let go of who you are and what you have, let go of what you will be. Just focus on your feelings right now, get out there and try things out, form new memories/imprints from new experiences, then you will know what works and what doesn't, remember the feeling, put it on a visualization like ijjjji does, and next time you go out remember that feeling/memory. Done and done.
    Don't mean to turn it into one, either, sorry if I implied as such. I definitely see the point here, when you're in the field (or even a couple hours away from field time), it's important to stay in zones 4 and 5 that I list above (positively chosen emotions and physical states), and to stay the fuck away from 1 and 2 (analysis of your status or skillset).


    This does not mean 1 and 2 and 3 are not important, or even that they aren't necessary! If you are boring and have little in the way of charisma, you need to do 1-3, but just not in the field. And when doing 1-3 just develop a few strengths really well, not a "well-rounded" skillset (the barrel analogy).

    So I'm all for your message, and will implement it, I just disagree about 1-3 not being necessary things to do outside of the field.

  10. #70
    Member ijjjji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    3,571





    Okok this is NOT a game map. It is a summary of common ways to extend influence over another person.

    In PU, Id say its nearly ALL about the upper part - connecting.

    So let me just quickly state what I mean by dispositional. I mean having a strong disposition. As in wearing your heart on your sleeve.. so that people can read your mood clearly. This makes it much easier for people to let themself become affected.

    Oh and real quick listen; people are often JUST THERE. They are not emotionally engaged, so if anything, they simply feel bored, and/or worried that others may think they are boring company. From this sad state, receiving emotional energy from someone with lots to share, feels simply EXHILARATING (and very hard to refuse). This is how you turn your mingles into something resembling the victory lap after winning the olympic 100m..

    - - - Edit - - -

    A few things I wanted to touch briefly on but didnt have time yesterday:

    Praise. Not all agree that you should pump the girl's ego into the clouds upon first meet. The nay-sayers argue that you only pedestal (verb) her, and that giving your approval does not build any attraction towards you in particular. People who say this fail to realize 2 things.
    1 - offering abundant approval asap has an ANTI-pedestal effect built into it, simply because it is a habit only POPULAR people tend to have.
    2 - simply giving a girl good emotions, is like putting a string toy in front of a kitten. It is not this act, but the act that comes NEXT, that will make the kitten chase the toy. A lot of things in PU work like this, so stop being concerned about giving too much away for free. (Several more reasons exist, so please give this a try!)

    Intermittent Reward. Sometimes, you have to NOT escalate, at times where the girl clearly wants it. This is only way to create what I like to call vacuum, which is the type of attraction that is needed for having sex in particular. Just giving the girl escalation when she signals for it, will satisfy her craving then and there, without adding more/deeper cravings.
    Last edited by ijjjji; 09-20-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •