Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I get back on POF after being banned?

How can I get back on POF after being banned?

I apologise if this has already been discussed on here, but I want to get back on POF after I was banned for life in November. They refused to give me an explanation but I suspect it was for all the copy and paste messaging. I do realise I will need a new username and probably password, but I want to make sure I do it right so I can avoid being detected and banned again.

Any advice?

Cheers

I've had my account deleted twice. I just made a new email, signed up again and bam.

Are you IP banned, or what?
    I am available for Skype. We can discuss Pick-Up, or other stuff (fitness, nutrition, etc).

If my posts intrigue you and you'd like to pick my brain... get in touch via PM and we can work something.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDilemma View Post
    I've had my account deleted twice. I just made a new email, signed up again and bam.

Are you IP banned, or what?
    Dont know. You mean you were able to use it again?

I'm ip banned. I have signed up with a totally new computer before and they found out that I was returning and banned me again within a few days. I think they found it because I used the same images without renaming them. I used a different email though.

If you're ip banned you have to get a subscription to a VPN service and then your ip will not be detected.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoolPlayer View Post
    I'm ip banned. I have signed up with a totally new computer before and they found out that I was returning and banned me again within a few days. I think they found it because I used the same images without renaming them. I used a different email though.

If you're ip banned you have to get a subscription to a VPN service and then your ip will not be detected.
    Can you recommend a good one?

The good VPN services charge $.

You can usually do an IP change if you have cable internet or DSL internet service by physically turning off the power of your cable or dsl modem and then waiting longer than the "lease time" your ISP has for the ip no they've assigned your connection.

What "lease time" means is the company's servers will assign an IP number to your modem, and if your modem gets disconnected, it will reserve that number for a certain amount of time for your modem, and will give it back to your modem, as long as the modem reconnects within the Lease Time. Usually it does this by checking the MAC number of your modem (Google MAC ID nos.) If you don't come reconnect within the lease time, the server releases the IP number back into the list of free numbers that can be reassigned. Some servers, unfortunately, are smart enough that they remmber your modem's MAC ID and will pluck the old IP back out of the pool unless it's already been given to another device, in which case getting a new IP can be a bit random.

Another way to go can be to change the MAC ID of your modem or router, then wait past the lease time (some servers also lease by line) or just reconnect a new device (trade modems with a friend, for example.)

Lease times are usually some number between 8 hours and 24 hours (my ISPs is 24 h) but if you turn off or disconnect your modem for more than 24 h, you should come back up with a new IP address.

You can check whether you got a new one one by going to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ before you unplug, then check it again after you reconnect.

Also, do an erase hitory, and remove all cookies form all your browsers, and avoid Google Chrome, before you do your IP change.

Some good info here:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

but realize that hardcore IP blockers will do stuff like put cookies on your computer, poll MAC IDs, use geolocation shit from Google (Chrome is an offender here) use Facebook, do address & phone matching, and yes, they can even get you behind a VPN address or onion routing service. Do a search on getting a new eBay or PayPal acoount after you've been banned if you want to find out how to get around the worst of the banners.

As far as I know, PoF isn't harcore, and just getting yourself a new IP from your ISP should do the trick.

BTW, Firefox is the champeen browser for avoiding ban enforcement, DAFS on the topic.

I was banned about a year and a half ago. Recently went back to the site and started a new profile and haven't been banned yet.

I was banned for continuously ignoring their request not to put up shirtless pics; they no longer have that rule, so either it's just a result of time or a result of them not being against shirtless pics anymore.

You could always just set up your profile from your phone and only use your phone to use it (although that could get annoying)

I've got a wireless internet connection, does this make a difference? Plus I used every browser (IE, Mozilla, Chrome) and Iphone to access POF because my connection was pretty bad, so I tried everything under the sun to get through my messaging faster.

Quote Originally Posted by throughfare View Post
    The good VPN services charge $.

You can usually do an IP change if you have cable internet or DSL internet service by physically turning off the power of your cable or dsl modem and then waiting longer than the "lease time" your ISP has for the ip no they've assigned your connection.

What "lease time" means is the company's servers will assign an IP number to your modem, and if your modem gets disconnected, it will reserve that number for a certain amount of time for your modem, and will give it back to your modem, as long as the modem reconnects within the Lease Time. Usually it does this by checking the MAC number of your modem (Google MAC ID nos.) If you don't come reconnect within the lease time, the server releases the IP number back into the list of free numbers that can be reassigned. Some servers, unfortunately, are smart enough that they remmber your modem's MAC ID and will pluck the old IP back out of the pool unless it's already been given to another device, in which case getting a new IP can be a bit random.

Another way to go can be to change the MAC ID of your modem or router, then wait past the lease time (some servers also lease by line) or just reconnect a new device (trade modems with a friend, for example.)

Lease times are usually some number between 8 hours and 24 hours (my ISPs is 24 h) but if you turn off or disconnect your modem for more than 24 h, you should come back up with a new IP address.

You can check whether you got a new one one by going to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ before you unplug, then check it again after you reconnect.

Also, do an erase hitory, and remove all cookies form all your browsers, and avoid Google Chrome, before you do your IP change.

Some good info here:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

but realize that hardcore IP blockers will do stuff like put cookies on your computer, poll MAC IDs, use geolocation shit from Google (Chrome is an offender here) use Facebook, do address & phone matching, and yes, they can even get you behind a VPN address or onion routing service. Do a search on getting a new eBay or PayPal acoount after you've been banned if you want to find out how to get around the worst of the banners.

As far as I know, PoF isn't harcore, and just getting yourself a new IP from your ISP should do the trick.

BTW, Firefox is the champeen browser for avoiding ban enforcement, DAFS on the topic.
    I can confirm that this method works great. Have used it to bypass IP bans on other services and sites.

I was banned by POF as well close to a year ago and it was mainly because I had sent about 25 messages over 1 day, the day before, that was higher than
    what I normally had sent out. Plus I had 3 profiles, but only used one of them. I haven't used it since, but intend to.

I have cable broadband that gives me a fixed IP address and although I asked my ISP (Telstra in Australia) to change it and give me a new IP address, they wouldn't. The IP
    address only changes about every 2 or 3 years.

You'll need to get use a paying VPN service and just do a Google search on 'best VPN services', as any free ones will never be as good. Anonymox that works only with Firefox
    is ok, but their free version isn't very good. I suggest using only Anonymox's paid version that's quite cheap, but a paying VPN service is better, because it'll work
    with not just Firefox, but also IE and Chrome. If you're planning to have more than 1 POF profile, register the 2nd one on a difference browser, to have different cookies and only

Follow the tips below. If you find POF is a sea of bland profiles, that don't allow you to send a mix of messages that are part cut and paste and part
    personalised to what a lady has said about herself, so you're forced to send cut and paste templates, I definitely wouldn't ever send more than 10 a day, but
    change the wording slightly in your first sentence and even if the profile gives you nothing to reply to, add a comment about any of her photos, to try
    disguising that you're sending a cut and paste message.

- You can send cut and paste messages on POF, but you just have to work around POF's filters. Here's how to do it:
    - Don't send the exact same message to 4 women in a row. So if you send your message to 3 women in a row, use a different one for the 4th woman. Or you can do
    what I do. I have 2 messages that I send and I alternate between the two when I do my blitz. One of them is nicer, one of them is for tougher/higher drama women.

- At a certain point (I think around 20 messages), POF will block your message for that blitz. That's okay, just use another one. POF won't block your 2nd message. Which brings to my next point:

You can only send messages to 40 different women per day, but here's an important part: POF don't tell you when you've reached 40 messages! Be careful with this, as you can send hundreds of openers and POF will give you the impression that you did, but you actually stopped at the 40th message. The best way to tell, is when you think you're near your quota, check your Sent messages folder. If your message to girl #41 doesn't show in your sent folder, then you've already reached your quota for the day.

- Don't ever do a mass blitz of messages, 2 days in a row. I've tried this before and if you try doing a mass blitz 2 days in a row, POF will block your messages after the 2nd or 3rd message you send. At the very least, you have to wait a day to do another blitz. So if you did a mass message of openers on Monday, wait until at least Wednesday to do another run.

Stay under the 40 message per day limit and space your blitzes out (I usually do mine on Sundays and Wednesdays) and unless POF has changed something very recently, you'll never have a problem sending out canned openers. POF just have a very stupid, Disney view on relationships, thinking that writing love letters to a girl you never met, is the way to meet your one true love, when we know the real world is more harsh than that.

- POF say you can only send out 4 scripted messages, but they're lying. You can send around 12 at a time. The only thing is, don't send loads of messages out on the first day you register a new profile, or your profile will get deleted. Send 1 or 2 messages out only, then leave it, as then you seem to be on their 'safe list'. Also the POF filter is easy to get around. If you personalise it very slightly e.g. just saying 'Hey Sarah!', 'Hey Amy', 'Hey Miss Active', etc at the start of the message – then you can send as many as you like.

- Never in my entire life of sending literally thousands of openers over many different dating sites over about six years now have I ever had an account suspended, deleted or banned. Not once. This is because I don't push the envelope. I've never had multiple accounts, or multiple profiles, or fucked around with VPNs or multiple IPs, or tried to send more than 25-30 messages per day, etc, etc.

- Yes, neither POF or OKC will never tell you when you have reached their daily sending limits. In both cases, they'll just merrily tell you your messages are being 'sent' like nothing is wrong. It's insane. I've personally confirmed this in several different ways. The onus is on you to be very careful and to monitor what you're doing.

- POF's published daily sending limit is 40. I don't trust that, so I keep my daily messages to under 20 or so.

- OKC doesn't have a published daily sending limit. I promise you there IS a limit, they just won't tell you what it is. Again, I tend to keep my daily message limits to under 20 openers per day. That seems to do it.

- I've heard enough stories from guys that if you're sending out messages every day, many days in a row, the sites get pissy. Therefore I avoid doing this.

- Yes, if you change one or two words on every fourth opener on POF, you should be okay. I agree that although they say 'maximum 4 copy and paste messages', the real maximum is probably around 10-12. BUT AGAIN, since they don't tell you when you've reached any limits, I would not push the envelope.
    In summary, just do this: Never send more than 20 messages in one day on either site, only do your sends every other day and change every fourth opener on POF. That's all you need to worry about.