Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Recent changes at OkCupid?

  1. #1
    Member Warped Mindless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    23
    Posts
    386

    Recent changes at OkCupid?

    Just wondering if anyone knows of any recent changes at OkCupid?

    I did a small blitz (sent out 10 messages) last week and did another small one a few days ago (sent out 20) and I have yet to get one response. I haven't changed my profile, my pics, or even my opener. I've done a ton of blitzes and always have a very high response rate as well as a high profile view rate. Oddly enough I have only gotten one profile view as well.

    I'm starting to think these women somehow didn't get my messages. Has Okcupid started blocking copy/paste openers?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    40
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any recent changes at OkCupid?

    I did a small blitz (sent out 10 messages) last week and did another small one a few days ago (sent out 20) and I have yet to get one response. I haven't changed my profile, my pics, or even my opener. I've done a ton of blitzes and always have a very high response rate as well as a high profile view rate. Oddly enough I have only gotten one profile view as well.

    I'm starting to think these women somehow didn't get my messages. Has Okcupid started blocking copy/paste openers?
    30 messages is nothing. I sent out 100 messages this week on OKC (20 a day x 5 days) and got no responses, then again I'm 39 and went on a blitz of 18-22 yo.

  3. #3
    Member Warped Mindless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    23
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Jay View Post
    30 messages is nothing. I sent out 100 messages this week and got no responses, then again I'm 39 and went on a blitz of 18-22 yo.
    My blitzes are pretty much always between 10 - 20 messages and I usually have a 30% - 40% response rate. Been like that for about a year now until the last two blitzes. 0% and even no views. Its so radically different that I think perhaps these girls aren't getting my messages.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    40
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    My blitzes are pretty much always between 10 - 20 messages and I usually have a 30% - 40% response rate. Been like that for about a year now until the last two blitzes. 0% and even no views. Its so radically different that I think perhaps these girls aren't getting my messages.
    Maybe its just variance. You're next 30 could have a 60% response rate. Are you still messaging girls in the same demographic as in the past? Personally my response rate has dropped quite a bit over the last 2 months on OKC I must admit, but I think it's because I'm blitzing much younger woman, but no responses in 100 is a worry, I've never had that before.

  5. #5
    Member indie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deep South, US
    Age
    23
    Posts
    137
    I didn't even copy-paste the openers, but somehow still I have like 1 or 2 visitors, and 0 responses. This is really rare for me also. I wonder what's going on?

  6. #6
    Slutboy Dude909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Western Europe
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,412
    Weird you guys. I did a blitz during the week and had a high response rate.

    Is there some holiday or anything special going on in the US this week? Spring break? Anything that could keep away chicks from their keyboard. Maybe just the warm weather making them go out instead of staying home.
    "I'm the kind of guy you don't want to bring home to mom. Cuz I'd fuck your mom."

    "I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination"

    "It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher" - Thom Yorke

  7. #7
    Member indie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deep South, US
    Age
    23
    Posts
    137
    Bump.

    Ok there really is something weird going on. A couple of days ago I had nothing, and today I log in and I have 67 (!!??) visitors and 5 new messages!?

    Edit - When I look at them closer, some are girls who I distinctly remember and are showing up again, but some of them are shown as having visited me earlier, but I swear I have never seen them before because they are quite hot. I'm really perplexed. Anyone having the same problem?

  8. #8
    Member Qlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,319
    I am getting lots of visitors, I also do blitz of 10-20 openers, and I usually get 11-15 visitors.. My results this month has been quite shitty. Most of my responses led to nowhere, and 2 rescheduled, we'll see if I meet up with them this week. So far only 1 date this month.

    I do notice that when I write custom openers per girls, my response rate is like 1 in 5, but still, it's not worth it, because you get into this convo with the girl and she ends up flaking, total waste of time. I need to find a good happy medium between blitzing, but also a bit of customization.


    Seems like we're all getting different results (worse results) than we did 2 months ago, my guess: better weather = less online dating.
    Is There in Truth No Beauty?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •